• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proposed List of 100 Netjets Crew Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After spending a few days in CMH and after speaking to a number of pre-rat guys I really think this IBB thing is NOT going to pass.

Too many changes and the pre-rat guys get really nothing in return.

Many questions need to be answered and explained.

Questions like----- why are BED, LGA, JFK, HPN and TEB all bases yet MHT, which current has about 50+ guys using it is excluded from the list of bases?

True it can be used as an HBA but this is just to set it up to be cut come 2010 or whenever the contract will become renegotiation.

Many people are very upset about this whole package.

everyone knows the MHT guys are the trouble makers......

Just yanking your chain man relax :)

Anybody think that all of this is just a tease? RTS and BO keep saying that they want this to be the best "job in aviation". How can they claim that with this stuff that they give us. I havent read anything about the regional bidding, that was so heavily discussed. And why all of this (the showing, the phone surveys), when this is supposed to be out to is in a month.

I like the increase in bases and the rumors about more pay, but other than that, it doesnt look all that good. I like the current 7/7 and the reserve option.

Regions and region bidding is dead. The company could not afford what we were charging, so they dropped it (according to BO).

Hell, the package could have a bj clause where once a year a selected pilot would have to give a bj to a netjets manager and in exchange for such service he/she would receive a 100k bonus.. I bet it would pass :)

I might even give two bj's for $100K! I could buy a lot of Listerine for that kind of cash.

I am averaging 15 days a month on the reserve now, and I betting you won't work 15 days every month on the new reserve according to BO.

So again tell me...why should we pass on this option and wait 2-3 more years with no pay raise? 6k more a yr means I cap out my 401k and Social Security earlier in the yr...possibly by mid august. That is 500 a month...a pretty nice car. Again why would I pass up a free car for 2-3 years for working the same or less?

I bet you work every single one of those 15 days no matter what B.O. says.

So you think 6k a year before taxes is going to buy you a nice car???? Yikes. Your idea of a nice car and mine are obviously two different things. Let's try some simple math. 6000-401k money. So at 10% for easy math you now have 5400. Now let's say you are getting hit at around 25% for all the various taxes, SS, etc. Now you have $4050. Spread that over 24 pay periods and you get $168.75 per check. Or a whopping 337.50 a month. Hmmm....

I find it funny that people are betting on the fact they won't work x amount of days. How about plan on worst case scenario and see where that takes you?

Talk about the wrong type of thinking. Then again its probably the same group of people that count perdiem as part of their income.

after further review...

...and talking to the MEC and reading the union message boards, this IBB is looking better.

This is probably the best time to negotiate, with the huge profits that they are showing ($500 million in the first 6 months). You pre-rat guys talked so highly of BO and his Strong Union, that now you question him and his group.

The pre-rat guys really dont lose anything, as far as their HBAs. Still have MHT, SLO, and other po-dunk places. Post-rat guys gain 95 places....thats huge for 700 guys plus all newhires.

Schedules, now have "choices" between 7/7, 15 days and 18 days. As I understand it, the current reserve schedule, we have no idea about days off, except for the 4 H-days. The IBB allows for a true schedule by the 15th of the previous month. This is a good thing.

The only group that I hear that is not happy is junior check airman. Which I think is funny as hell. We (SICs) complain about all of the PICs jumping from plane to plane, and you PICs say, "its all about seniority. Get used to it." Well now they are the ones crying.

The deciding factor for everyone is going to be how much money is throw into the pile. I know that all pilot are whores, and they have a price. My gut feeling, is the money will buy there vote.

...and talking to the MEC and reading the union message boards, this IBB is looking better.

This is probably the best time to negotiate, with the huge profits that they are showing ($500 million in the first 6 months). You pre-rat guys talked so highly of BO and his Strong Union, that now you question him and his group.

The pre-rat guys really dont lose anything, as far as their HBAs. Still have MHT, SLO, and other po-dunk places. Post-rat guys gain 95 places....thats huge for 700 guys plus all newhires.

Schedules, now have "choices" between 7/7, 15 days and 18 days. As I understand it, the current reserve schedule, we have no idea about days off, except for the 4 H-days. The IBB allows for a true schedule by the 15th of the previous month. This is a good thing.

The only group that I hear that is not happy is junior check airman. Which I think is funny as hell. We (SICs) complain about all of the PICs jumping from plane to plane, and you PICs say, "its all about seniority. Get used to it." Well now they are the ones crying.

The deciding factor for everyone is going to be how much money is throw into the pile. I know that all pilot are whores, and they have a price. My gut feeling, is the money will buy there vote.

SkiandSurf,
I'm glad you think this is a good deal. I'm still not sold, but will wait for the final document.

The fact that the senior guys question BO is a good thing. Following anyone blindly, about anything is a bad, bad idea. It doens't sound like you were around, when the fab 5 tried to shove the POSTA down our throats, thank god we questioned them on that thing.

FYI the profits aren't going away any time soon.

You are correct the money will make or break this. However I don't think 6k is a lot of money. Hopefully you don't either.

.As I understand it, the current reserve schedule, we have no idea about days off, except for the 4 H-days. The IBB allows for a true schedule by the 15th of the previous month. This is a good thing.

The only group that I hear that is not happy is junior check airman. .

Reserve Schedule is far superior to this "true" schedule. We have had a Fixed schedule in the past...and it was only 17 days. It SUCKED! It was the most horrible schedule we ever had.

Not one person I talk to likes the proposals in the IBB. Not just the check airmen. Hopefully we won't throw the Reservists UNDER THE BUS for a few $$$.

We should be working FEWER days per month, NOT more.

Latest resources

Back