• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proposed List of 100 Netjets Crew Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact that our negotiators are hand us bits and pieces of info is a sign that they truely have our interests in mind and track our thoughts on the union message board.

They are professionals in every sense of the word. I'll reserve my final judgement until I read and discuss the final proposal.

Regardless of how I vote I will always respect them for the selfless work and sacrafices they make on my behalf.

Amen brother!

yeah there is no incentive for the crew on this thing.....At first I though it was a joke....like "here is what were giving the company......."

the IBB is great for the company......and its gonna take more than 5k to sell it.....we got a lot beat up pilots that will not take any more crap. If I see 30k raise then I may read it again....its gonna take a lot for me to throw my HBA and my 7&7 out the window forever, cause once we give them up we'll never be able to negotiate it back in.

the power is in the vote.....and mine is NO

yeah there is no incentive for the crew on this thing.....At first I though it was a joke....like "here is what were giving the company......."

the IBB is great for the company......and its gonna take more than 5k to sell it.....we got a lot beat up pilots that will not take any more crap. If I see 30k raise then I may read it again....its gonna take a lot for me to throw my HBA and my 7&7 out the window forever, cause once we give them up we'll never be able to negotiate it back in.

Please educate me on how your losing 7&7. Nobody is selling ********************. If you read it ask questions and still don't like it then make an educated vote. Better yet I expect to see your name for MEC in 2009. Be part of the solution or part of the problem your choice.

HBAs have worked fine and are still working fine for NJI, so that myth is busted.

Sure it is.. BUt they don't have half of what we do. I know, lets get nji basing and we can have their contract.. oh wait.. they don't have one.. That's right, their extended days suck, pay sucks, vacation, sick days, the list goes on and on..
So, what's the nji basing worth to us? I for one will not give up what we have now just to have basing from any airport.. that is just plain stupid.. If joe bloe wants to live in the middle of nowhere, he should have to drive more then a few minutes.. Why the hell should the company, and union for that matter, cater to him? 90% of all the pilots live close to the list of 100. I'd much rather see guys drive 1 hour then 6.

And the post about pre rat guys made 29k and had gateways and the new guys make 40k so they should shut up is a very dumb statement.. EVERYTHING has gone up almost 4x yet the starting salary has gone up what? 1.5x? Gas was how much back then? taxes were how much? tires, wear and tear, oil, etc.. See my point? Also guys are spending up to 10k a year to commute while you had 25 gateways and probably didn't spend that much.. Maybe you did since I do not know you, but to think new guys make more today then you did?!?! They are making less actually.. do the math

WHat a moronic statement. I guess you have the insiders knowledge huh? You have seen the complete package even though our union doesn't have one? This kind of attitude will cost you down the road. I will make an educated vote based on all available information. I will also take into account the unknown future that 2010 could bring. We all might be fighting just to keep what we have now in 2010 if the economy takes a really bad dive. Even some of our owners would be affected..

The fact that our negotiators are hand us bits and pieces of info is a sign that they truely have our interests in mind and track our thoughts on the union message board.

They are professionals in every sense of the word. I'll reserve my final judgement until I read and discuss the final proposal.

Regardless of how I vote I will always respect them for the selfless work and sacrafices they make on my behalf.

We have a winner.

So many are so quick to sell out our union leaders... If it wasn't for them, we probably wouldn't have half of what we do now..

I have faith that my IBB is barganing for our interests as a whole. I participated in the Wilson Polling and would encourage anyone else who gets called to take the 10 minutes to participate. I don't know where all this talk about pay increases is coming from...I read the 9/1/07 IBB update and didn't see any mention of pay increases or signing bonuses, only that they are anticipating a pay increase. That doesn't say very much to me. Based on what I see, I don't think that it's enough to pass but unfortunately I agree with Diesel and think that sadly if the company throws a 5K bone it will probably be enough to sweeten the deal for the majority of the pilots on the list.

I'll be waiting for the final proposal and the vote before I make up my mind either way...until then it's all hearsay and I don't really care to think about what may or may not happen.

Last edited:
fly4funcr

I like your style man.

gator, I don't thing 5k is enough to swing a yes vote. might get ya a good weekend in vegas but that's about it.

Unless you want to buy yourself one of dem der new trailer homes.

Hey sorry about the moronic statement.. I was a little angry at something else from the union board. I still stand by the other stuff. No one can make any decision right now though, period.. Hell, the package could have a bj clause where once a year a selected pilot would have to give a bj to a netjets manager and in exchange for such service he/she would receive a 100k bonus.. I bet it would pass :)

Latest resources

Back