• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proposed List of 100 Netjets Crew Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful about PTO, I worked for a company that used PTO versus sicktime, and just remember that PTO is a combination of sick and vacation time, so if you had a vacation planned and you get sick sometime prior to your vacation, you may have just blown away your vacation if you used up all of your PTO time due to illness, most people did not like it just for that reason, I still think that sick time and vacation time should be separate, but you can see how PTO time will be a huge advantage for the company

Hi!

At my airline, we have 5 days/year for sick/personal time. We recently combined those two.

Our vacation is separate.

cliff
YIP

Be careful about PTO, I worked for a company that used PTO versus sicktime, and just remember that PTO is a combination of sick and vacation time, so if you had a vacation planned and you get sick sometime prior to your vacation, you may have just blown away your vacation if you used up all of your PTO time due to illness, most people did not like it just for that reason, I still think that sick time and vacation time should be separate, but you can see how PTO time will be a huge advantage for the company

So the PTO would include sick time AND vacation? Or are they just calling sick days PTO days instead? Would that mean that the current vacation structure would change?

Are you $%*%ing kidding me. You have lost all credibility. Or maybe I missed something. Tell me I missed something. Did I miss something? Or are you being a *************************?
Selling out already.
I must have missed something.

If not you are not much of a "fyter".

That Single Carrier is just a pipe dream anyway.

So the PTO would include sick time AND vacation? Or are they just calling sick days PTO days instead? Would that mean that the current vacation structure would change?

Not sure how NetJets sees it, but most operators that I know of that use PTO, consider PTO as sick/personal/vacation time, in other words, you use that time how you see fit. You get paid for those days just like vacation/sick days, the only difference is that now you get a handful of PTO days per year that you can play with and if you blow through them all because you are sick, then no vacation.

As to the guy who only gets 5 sick days per year, you are really getting screwed, what happens when you are sick for more than 5 days? I would bet that you eat your vacation days, so yes PTO would include vacation for you as well

This is the opinion of someone who has been in this business for many years....39 as an airline pilot and 2 at NetJets.

I've seen this happen time after time over the years. There is always a small group that make a lot of noise and tell anyone that will listen that they are going to vote "NO".

But there is a huge silent majority of rational people out there that will look at what is put before them and make their decision on the whole package.....not some pet peave issue that has their panties in a knot.

From what I've seen so far, this will pass by a large margin

Just cause you've flown a bunch of 7-Something-Somehin's over the years doesn't give you any more insight into this vote than I have.

This pilot group knows how to smell out crap. If it's crap, we'll put it out of it's misery.

If it's an "improvment" and "progressive" (as billed already) then it will pass. Period.

This is NOT a typical negotiation (Section 6). It's IBB.

Not sure how NetJets sees it, but most operators that I know of that use PTO, consider PTO as sick/personal/vacation time, in other words, you use that time how you see fit. You get paid for those days just like vacation/sick days, the only difference is that now you get a handful of PTO days per year that you can play with and if you blow through them all because you are sick, then no vacation.

As to the guy who only gets 5 sick days per year, you are really getting screwed, what happens when you are sick for more than 5 days? I would bet that you eat your vacation days, so yes PTO would include vacation for you as well
\

There is NOTHING in the propsal about PTO being vacation time. Nothing.

Sick Time
PTO
Vacation.

3 different animals.

Don't worry, you'll like the system when you get it. :D

Are first year guys allowed to vote at NJA or do you have to wait till after your probationary year?

All union members in good standing get to vote on the contract they will be working under. Any other restrictions are more in the way of pilots that take a management position.

Latest resources

Back