Profiling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DoinTime said:
Americans don't have to strap bombs to themselves and run into crowded markets. We drop those bombs from 30,000 feet with pinpoint accuracy. Government sponsorship is no exemption for acts of terror.

Absolutely correct. And just who do you think we are trying to kill with those bombs? Innocent civilians? Women and childern? Or radical extremists bent on skewing a religion into justification for killing Americans.

Are you trying to tell me that the US Military is a form of terrorism? I don't doubt that people are upset with our government. So for you it's OK to hijack aircraft and slam them into private buildings, killing thousands of innocent NON-GOVERNMENT people because you're unhappy with US foreign policy? Not a single american citizen has much of anything to do with foreign policy, yet we were SPECIFICALLY targeted on 9/11. That is something I think you wouldn't find the US Military doing.

Not a single american citizen has much of anything to do with foreign policy, yet we were SPECIFICALLY targeted on 9/11.

Nobody in Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 either yet we bombed the sh*t out them anyway.

The 9/11 hijackers and the Bush administration have a lot in common. They both acted on blind hatred and a total disregard of common sense.

Its to bad intelligence is such a rare commodity in humans.

DoinTime said:
Nobody in Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 either yet we bombed the sh*t out them anyway.

The 9/11 hijackers and the Bush administration have a lot in common. They both acted on blind hatred and a total disregard of common sense.

Its to bad intelligence is such a rare commodity in humans.

I guess you believe that we are trying to kill innocent Iraqi civilians. My whole point in my response to you was that one of the groups is trying to target extremists and another group is targeting whoever they can kill. We'll have to agree to disagree...

And in case you're wondering...I didn't vote for Bush.

Flyer1015 said:
We're on the same page with the TSA, at least we agree on something.

We only encourage women to get breast examinations. There is no forcing them. It is by choice. But by profiling all middle-eastern-looking people, you are FORCING them against their choice, and humiliating them because someone else of the same skin color bombed something earlier. It's completely unjustifiable.

This goes to show how difficult it is to have an adult conversation once PC rears it's ugly head. The profile of Al Quaida (sp?) is a bit more specific than "brown skin". No one is talking about ALL people of any group. The TSA throwing grandma against the wall makes no sense, whether she is Norwegian or Saudi. But the males 20-45 years old certainly who attended madderass (sp?) certainly deserve a close look.

Flyer1015 said:
Japanese internment... "necessary" at the time? How so? After the Pearl Harbor attacks, did the Japanese people living here even plan anything bad? No.

Rather hard to prove "the people" had plans, but the concern of sabateurs and the damage they could have caused was valid.

Flyer1015 said:
And then of course, the question is, "Is it ever okay to kill innocent civilians during war?" Most would answer no. But, we dropped two nuclear bombs over Japan... wiping out entire cities.

Truman had an interesting choice, didn't he? - tens of thousands in a day, or millions in months.

Flyer1015 said:
What's really sad? These al-Qaeda soldiers kill our American soldiers with weapons that WE gave them in the '80s to fight against the Russians. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Humph. Supposedly, the US government (CIA) actually worked with bin Laden forces way back in the 80s. Our foreign policy and course of action in the last 30 years or so has helped create these vicious terrorist monsters.

Our soldiers have been killed with Stinger missles? That is what we provided them. The rest is another Urban Myth propogated by the Blame America First crowd, and certainly a smokescreen to the topic at hand.

Flyer1015 said:
Spreading democracy in the middle east? Good luck with that.

Rather elitist of you to think those brown skinned people wouldn't want, or be able to handle, self determination. Seems to have worked quite well for the Japanese and Germans, though it took about six (6) years to stabilize those situations. Todays navel gazers have far, far less patience.

ps - Justifying terrorism by stating it is a result of US foreign policy is such a cop-out. Until American civilians start strapping bombs on themselves and running into crowded markets...shut up.

A cop-out? More like the truth. Who besides the US has oppressive policies towards the middle east countries? Why is it that everytime the international community comes up with something against Israel, the US is the only country that puts in a VETO vote? No other country in the world favors Israel as much as we do. Who has provided Israel with weapons, tanks, armory, etc.... hint, it isn't Antarctica...

Australia has more or less the same rights, freedom, etc. that we American people enjoy. Have they gotten terrorist attacks? Nope. And only recently did London and Madrid get attacked by them, but they made it CLEAR that they would attack those who "help in the aggression in Iraq by supporting the USA."

Get one thing clear. 9/11 did NOT happen because we are "free people" and terrorists wanted to destroy that. Back then during 9/11, all of western europe, australia, new zealand, canada, greenland, a load of other countries were also living "free, western, sin ful lives."

No one blows themselves up to sh*t simply because they 'hate' your free, western life here. These acts are political. These terrorists have been brainwashed, true, but I am just as sure that there are quite a few out there who have lost their families in the US/Israel conflict, or even in Iraq due to our sanctions put their in the '90s. No one is born a terrorist. They become one.

* Yes, now, London got bombed. But al-Qaeda made it clear they would bomb those who helped the US war in Iraq. Similar reasoning for the Madrid, Spain bombings. Spain pulled out, giving a victory to the terrorists. England, being the SECOND biggest supporter of the US led war in Iraq, got hit by the terrorists.

The American people aren't to blame. It's our government's completely one sided policies siding with Isreal, constant troop presence in the Middle East, putting puppet-heads in middle eastern countries to get the oil interest, and now the USA forcing "democracy" into their country. HA.

If China INVADED and BOMBED the USA tomorrow, because they believe in communism and want to spread communism to us because they think that way of life is better, wouldn't you fight back? Wouldn't you kill their Chinese troops? So, I'm not surprised by the insurgents in Iraq.

No other country in the world has oppressed the middle east as bad as the US has in the last 40-50 years. It's about time we admit the root of terror. Fess up to the injustices.

I'm not saying give up to terrorism, but I am saying is that we seriously need to re-evaluate the US foreign policy, our treatment of the middle east as a whole, and take corrective action.

Last edited:
Sir Humpalot said:
No they didnt get in airplanes but they did get into boats and travel a great distance to kill muslims. Many more muslims than you can ever imagine.

You still didn't answer my questions, chief....so I will ask them again. What if the tables were turned and this situation were the other way around? What if we had a group of "radical Americans" who were commiting random acts of terror against Muslims? And no, don't feed me this "but you already are" bullsh!t. We aren't planting bombs on busses and we aren't running airplanes into office buildings for the purpose of causing fear and terror among the innocent people. Do you think the muslim community would be as tolerant and accepting of what has happened as Americans have been if we were the ones who commited these acts? Do you think they would refrain from profiling any and all Americans? Do you think they would be afraid to hold Americans at gunpoint in an airport security line and make us strip down to nothing in fear that it might offend us? I don't think so, and if you do then you need to wake up and smell the house burning down.

Last edited:
Another thing to consider is that the term 'terrorism' is heavily misunderstood/misused by people.

According to dictionary.com, which uses the The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language and the Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary , terrorism is defined as:

" The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. "

Look at that definition again.

The unlawful use or threatened use of force (US military action in Iraq) or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies (US forcing Iraqis to become democratic), often for ideological or political reasons (doing it for our own Bush-led political reasons... you name it, oil, Israel's security, finishing a war is daddy started, etc)

By that definition, the war in Iraq can be classified as terrorism...

But is it? Of course not! So, it's ALWAYS depending on how YOU interpret it.

And keep in mind with those radical muslim terrorists, they are terrorists to US. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.... whether the IRA or a radical muslim terrorist.

Last edited:
You liberals just never stop thinking do you? You are so full of definitions and technicalities, yet I find it utterly amazing that you have absolutely no common sense. Liberals and lawyers will be the downfall of our country.

I was just part of a group of 4 that flew out of DCA in Air Force blues. 2 out of the 4 of us got the body cavity search by TSA. I escaped the pleasure but got to listen to other passengers walk by me shaking their heads in disbelief and saying how they couldn't believe they were doing this to people in uniform.

Latest resources

Back