Profiling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sir Humpalot said:
The only people who support profiling are the people who have never been profiled. Yes, your neighbour is profiled but is he a muslim? Does he have to go to the interrogation room each time he flies? Wasnt Jose Padilla a mexican? Should we profile all mexicans? Where does the line stop? Why is it that in the history of the world, no anglo-saxon has ever been profiled? Is it coincidence?

You lecturing a muslim about profiling is like telling a minority that there is no discrimination. Isnt it amazing that we are in other countries preaching to them about freedom when we are taking away the freedom of our own citizens. Af far as i know, the constitution didnt change after 911.

DEMOCRACY through HYPOCRICY.

Think about it.
If radical Americans had flown airliners into buildings for the purpose of killing Muslims, then I would expect to be profiled if I boarded an airliner in a muslim country....and I'm sure that I would be profiled. Hell, I probably wouldn't even be allowed on their airplane at all as they would probably have Americans completely banned from their country if we committed such an act. What if the tables were turned and this situation were the other way around? Do you think the muslim community would be as tolerant and accepting of what has happened as Americans have been? You think about that.

PROFILEING,
Fact:
92% of the U.S prison population is made up of Black and Latino males, in turn cops(and most other people) personally profile that type of person on a regular basis.
Fact:
Since 1975 88% of all world terrorism has been the work of somebody with "brown skin".
There comes a point in time when this doesn't become profile, and become fact.
As far as Im concerned, security screeners should profile every person they wouldn't want getting on an airplane with there father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, or any other family member. If that means I have to get extra screening while in uniform, so be it. I don't think there is one person on this post that give up five to ten extra minutes of there day to stop the deaths of hundreds or thousands.
Great quote from a B-52 Pilot: Lets bomb them all and let the army kill the ones we missed.
My spin on that: Lets profile them all and let the FFDO kill the ones we missed.
For all of you pansies out there who take offense to this. Go to He11.
For all of you who agree to what I'm saying, we should go drinking some time.
Here are some FACT sheets for all of you.
You can't argue with numbers, no matter who you are, or what color of skin, or religion.

http://www.harryroolaart.com/index.php?module=article&view=41&MMN_position=70:13

http://www.prisonsucks.com/

Fact:
Since 1975 88% of all world terrorism has been the work of somebody with "brown skin".

The link you provided www.harryroolaart.com says no such thing. If it says anything it says Americans have historically been insulated from international terrorism.

Dointime,

I didnt find any facts in their either(www.harryroolaart.com). As far as i know, that site is totally fabricated without any supporting stats. Thats how many of these "profiling experts" get their facts through unregulated sites. Its like throwing meat to the wolves.

Here is another fact, many minorities are pulled over in cities when they have done nothing wrong and continously harassed or victimized. I was watching 20/20 awhile back and they talked about how african americans are something like 6% of the travellers and yet they are stopped 50% of the time at customs.

You mentioned how black and mexicans constitute something like 90% of the prison population. Statistics have shown that a black person found with weed is more likely to go to jail than a white suburbanite from middle class america. Who do you think does more drugs, white, blacks, or mexicans....you guessed it...whites and yet they dont end up in jail.

There is a huge discrepency in america between the social and ethnic classes. Dont sit here and lecture us about profiling when you have never suffered discrimination. Lastly, do you think that Jesus would show the hatred that your are showing about killing others?

OOops, my last post was meant for $$$. Another thing, how arrogant and ethnocentric of you to group all terrorists are brown people.

HTML:
If radical Americans had flown airliners into buildings for the purpose of killing Muslims, then I would expect to be profiled if I boarded an airliner in a muslim country.

No they didnt get in airplanes but they did get into boats and travel a great distance to kill muslims. Many more muslims than you can ever imagine.

I am so sorry for being white. I am so sorry for the Crusades that happened hundreds of years ago. I am also sorry for kicking Native Americans off their own lands. While I am at it, I'll apologize for slavery too.

Although I had nothing to do with any of it, nor do I believe any of it served any good or even had a sliver of decency, once again in life I feel I need to apologize for those things.

These terrible acts apparently are the counter arguement some have on this thread against profiling. I know history enough to not repeat it. I also have the ability to live in the now. I would like someone to tell me what percentage of current terrorist acts against the Western world were NOT committed by Islamic/Muslim radicals.

ps - Justifying terrorism by stating it is a result of US foreign policy is such a cop-out. Until American civilians start strapping bombs on themselves and running into crowded markets...shut up.

PHP:
Although I had nothing to do with any of it, nor do I believe any of it served any good or even had a sliver of decency, once again in life I feel I need to apologize for those things.

Many muslims have nothing to do with terrorism either but yet you group all of them together. As a muslim, i can openly tell you that the mosques i go to all condemn terrorism. As a matter of fact, we shun anyone that is involved with killing innocent people, for whatever cause, and we openly state that it does not represent islam. Niether myself, or anyone i am associated with, want anything to do with violence. Yet, people who dont know muslims openly attack us for our religion. We never blamed christianity for slavery, never did we ever blame christianity for the acts of the KKK, and we never blame christianity for the genocide in bosnia, we never blamed christianity for David Koresh, we never blamed christianity for other acts that dont represent christianity...so why do you blame us for our fanatics. You have no idea how many muslims have been killed innocently by both terrorism by fellow muslims and the western world.

Lets get one thing straight, there are fanatics in all religions but it is the educated people who make the real difference....stop the hatred.

ps - Justifying terrorism by stating it is a result of US foreign policy is such a cop-out. Until American civilians start strapping bombs on themselves and running into crowded markets...shut up.

Americans don't have to strap bombs to themselves and run into crowded markets. We drop those bombs from 30,000 feet with pinpoint accuracy. Government sponsorship is no exemption for acts of terror.

Sir Humpalot said:
As a muslim, i can openly tell you that the mosques i go to all condemn terrorism. As a matter of fact, we shun anyone that is involved with killing innocent people, for whatever cause, and we openly state that it does not represent islam. Niether myself, or anyone i am associated with, want anything to do with violence. Yet, people who dont know muslims openly attack us for our religion. You have no idea how many muslims have been killed innocently by both terrorism by fellow muslims and the western world.

I never said muslims support terrorism. I do not think Islam is anything other than another form of religion, equal to all others. I also don't think we should pull over and arrest anyone with a different color skin. That's F'ing stupid. Profiling to me means looking at an individual's background, history, and purpose and THEN determining what extra attention they should be receiving. In an airport environment, this would not be that difficult. You might even catch a Richard Reid before he tries to light his shoe.

Latest resources

Back