Profiling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sir Humpalot said:
Yeah, lets profile so that we can capture all terrorists and lock them up. I never met so many immature people till i started coming on this thread. Here are some facts for you people (remember these are facts).

1. Christians have killed more people in the name of religion than anyone else (slavery, genocide of native americans, imperialism, crusades).

2. Christians commit more molestations than anyone else.

3. The western world has raped and destroyed more cultures than anyone group of people.

NOw are all christians bad? NO Are all christians held liable for the actions of the few? NO So why do you treat other religions and people inferior for your political cause?

I am sad to see that people are still racists toward african americans and others to this day. As pilots we need to grow up and destroy the racism that is fostered to this day.
So where are your facts to back this up, chief? Flyer1015 says we aren't supposed to believe whats on Fox News....so I guess we should just believe what Sir Humpalot says on flightinfo.com instead. Riiight.

SkyBoy1981 said:
So where are your facts to back this up, chief? Flyer1015 says we aren't supposed to believe whats on Fox News....so I guess we should just believe what Sir Humpalot says on flightinfo.com instead. Riiight.

No, that's not what I meant.

Everyday on FOX or CNN, on that bottom ticker, they "remind" you that we're on a "Yellow - Elevated" threat level. Really? I thought Bush said the world is safer now that Hussain is captured. Why can't we go down to Blue or Green? Because no matter what, we will never go down to those low warnings.

Is it really necessary or the news media to remind us EVERYDAY that we're on an "elevated threat level ?" Pleeeeeaaaaaasssseeee.

Who seriously considers that dang threat-level-color-meter? We all know that they will raise it to orange comes Ramadan or Christmas. We DONT need to be reminded of it everyday.

How many times have you heard on the local news (or even national news something so dang generic), and yet, they spin it, like: "Find out why your kid might be unsafe at school, tonight at 10. Also, find out why this white van parked outside the 7-11 could jeopordize your life. Tune in at 10 on KXTVY." Our nation runs on a media that preys on fear, because they know it will drive UP their ratings.

Watch one hour of fox news, and then watch one hour of BBC. You'll see what I mean.

And BTW, note how the Bush administration has successfully used the London attacks scenario to renew all major parts of the Patriot Act. Great. Now go arrest everyone who borrowed books about flying from their local library.
As Jon Stewart said, "Liberty has been playing hurt ever since the Patriot Act."

Last edited:
Well sure, I agree with you on that. I'm not really sure what that has to do with profiling those who are MOST LIKELY to cause harm to us though. I'm not saying ignore everyone else, or that all acts of terrorism will be caused by one specific race, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with putting special attention on those that are more likely to be a threat. You can deny it all you want, but the fact remains that there is a particular race of individuals that are more likely to cause harm to American people. Thats just the way it is, and it drives me nuts to see people denying or ignoring this reality.

SkyBoy1981 said:
but the fact remains that there is a particular race of individuals that are more likely to cause harm to American people. Thats just the way it is, and it drives me nuts to see people denying or ignoring this reality.

Yes, then go after the SPECIFIC people that are likely to harm American people. DO NOT pull over the entire race. Proportionately, more black people are incarcerated for violent crimes than white people (or other races). So why not start profiling them?

We won't. It isn't fair to scrutinize an entire race of people because a select few of them decided to blow sh*t up.

Last edited:
Flyer1015 said:
SkyBoy1981 said:
Yes, then go after the SPECIFIC people that are likely to harm American people. DO NOT pull over the entire race. Proportionately, more black people are incarcerated for violent crimes than white people (or other races). So why not start profiling them?

We won't. It isn't fair to scrutinize an entire race of people because a select few of them decided to blow sh*t up.
I think you are blowing this out or proportion. We aren't talking about any violent crime..we're talking about acts of terrorism. If a group of Middle Eastern men are going through a TSA line, they should be searched up and down, backwards and forwards before being allowed to board an airplane. Like it or not, they fit the profile of someone that could be out to commit terrorist acts against Americans. If they have nothing to hide, they get on the plane and go about their merry way. Is it fair? No....but its life. If it were the other way around something tells me that these individuals that we feel so badly for profiling wouldn't mind putting us through a strip search or two..while at gunpoint. The fact that common sense is slowly dying in our country is sad.

Last edited:
flyer1015,

I agree with you on every point but i am pretty much a conservative. But unlike my conservative brethrens, i try to use my brain once in awhile. As an educated civilization, how can we allow only a certain group of people to be profiled and ignore everyone else who can cause us more harm.

The thing that is more alarming is that noone in the history of the world has ever mentioned the KKK as a christian terrorist group. Even though they dont exemplify anything with the religion, they walked around preaching about christ and the racial hierarchy. Milosevic, who is christian, killed many muslims over ethnic cleansing and yet he is not categorized as a christian terrrorist. Now comes along a group of fanatical muslims and all these conservative americans think that its the problem with the religion. They never blamed christianity with genocide, slavery, or the kkk but they will blame islam for the actions of its fanatics.

I know many muslims who are doctors, lawyers, and even pilots. All of them have the best attitude and are really fun to fly with. I also believe that a muslim lit the olympic torch in atlanta!

Only a matter of time before someone got on here and blamed the US for causing the acts of terror worldwide. Get a grip. These people want to eliminate our way of life. Maybe that doesn't bother you, but it sure bothers people who value their freedoms. If you have a better idea of how to find terrorists that doesn't involve some sort of profiling then i'm all for it, but so far no one has come up with one. Whether you want to admit it or not a large percentage of worldwide terrorist acts in the last 20 years has been committed by muslim males. No, not all muslims are terrorists. But the vast majority of terrorists are muslims.

As far is it being forced on them, tough. Look at gun owners. Because of crime, buying a gun involves a background check, and in come cases a waiting period. This is being forced on law abiding gun owners, because of the criminals. What's the difference here? Many more people are killed by cars every year in the US than by guns, but you don't see a waiting period for a Volvo. My next door neighbor has to jump through hoops every time he flies because someone with his name is on the no-fly list. It's a pain for him, but he doesn't get upset with it except to be upset that the terrorist acts happened in the first place to make it necessary.

The only people who support profiling are the people who have never been profiled. Yes, your neighbour is profiled but is he a muslim? Does he have to go to the interrogation room each time he flies? Wasnt Jose Padilla a mexican? Should we profile all mexicans? Where does the line stop? Why is it that in the history of the world, no anglo-saxon has ever been profiled? Is it coincidence?

You lecturing a muslim about profiling is like telling a minority that there is no discrimination. Isnt it amazing that we are in other countries preaching to them about freedom when we are taking away the freedom of our own citizens. Af far as i know, the constitution didnt change after 911.

DEMOCRACY through HYPOCRICY.

Think about it.

atr driver,

I forgot to mention that you do bring up a good point about gun owners. There is no right solution upset that profiling is the only wrong solution.

Latest resources

Back