Profiling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyBoy1981 said:
Oh, the head of the prized TSA said that huh? Then it must certainly be true, after all there is an agency that has everything figured out. :rolleyes:

I said nothing about profiling islamic Americans. The profile should be those who are not citizens of our country, male, of middle eastern descent, who aren't traveling with their families and such. I said nothing about profiling each and every islamic individual.

As far as the rest of it, we can only agree to disagree. As Flyer said, you have your views and I have mine.

But how can you, say, as a TSA screener, be able to profile ONLY non-US citizens of middle eastern decent travelling alone? How would you know if the guy is born in Riyadh or born right here in the states? How do you even know if he's middle eastern... could be indian, a sikh, southeast asian, etc.

On a domestic flight from DFW-LGA for example, all the airline knows is your name, address, credit card number, etc. Who knows if the person is a US citizen or not? No passport is required for domestic travel.

Anyway, I think we've come to an end on this subject: we all have different views, and each has presented them. Some people favor profiling, some (like myself) don't.

Flyer1015 said:
But how can you, say, as a TSA screener, be able to profile ONLY non-US citizens of middle eastern decent travelling alone? How would you know if the guy is born in Riyadh or born right here in the states? How do you even know if he's middle eastern... could be indian, a sikh, southeast asian, etc.

On a domestic flight from DFW-LGA for example, all the airline knows is your name, address, credit card number, etc. Who knows if the person is a US citizen or not? No passport is required for domestic travel.

Anyway, I think we've come to an end on this subject: we all have different views, and each has presented them. Some people favor profiling, some (like myself) don't.
The TSA is a federal government agency. They could do this very easily. Just as they profile people who have one way tickets and no luggage. The information is there, and if they wanted it they could get access to it. The bottom line is a bunch of pansies who are scared that we are going to offend someone are potentially making us vulnerable to more attacks. In any case, I'm done here. :)

Last edited:
skyboy,

ok, lets agree to disagree...even though i dont agree with you, i respect your opinion and your right to have one.

peace in da midda east

Black Water Dog said:
Since you presumably are a pilot, you probably have a passport close at hand. Read the first few pages. You become an enemy combatant, you forfiet your citizenship. BTW, enemy combatant is a rather old term defined in the Geneva Convention and probably goes back much further than that. Not invented by Bush. Here is a test for you:

BUSH
BUSH
BUSH

Is your blood pressure up now? Remember Flyer1015, when you hate someone they own you.

Ok, I didn't know about that thing being in the passport.

But still answer this, ALL of our prisoners we capture while at WAR with Iraq and Afghanistan SHOULD be considered Prisoners of War... POWs. And as such, they should be treated the same way that the Geneva conventions sets for all POWs. They're called 'enemy combatants' simply so they don't have to upheld to the Geneva convention standards, and HUNDREDS of them are being held at Guantanamo Bay (and quite a few of them I'm sure are innocent).

And about Bush... ask him about his claim that the world is now safer due to the war in Iraq. Hmmm, two different london bombing episodes, bombs in Beirut Lebanon, and more bombs in Egypt at tourist locations... all in less than three weeks. Oh, and the yellow-level 'elevated' threat level... please!

Can you honestly look at Bush and say that what he's done in the last few years has made the world safer? If you can, share some of that weed with me, I could use some getting high'.

Flyer1015 said:
Example. Jose Padilla. Terrorist? You bet. Bad guy? Yes. BUT... he is still a CITIZEN of the United States. And as such, he SHOULD be afforded all the rights for a US citizen including the right to fair representation, a fair and speedy trial.

But nope... President Bush, and the conservatives, in their never-ending pursuit to circumvent the constitution, invent the term "Enemy Combatant" and hold him and others giving them no rights.

OK, let's not call him an "enemy combatant", let call him what he really is, a traitor. And if I'm not mistaken that is the only crime with a punishment outlined in the constititution.

3M1900FO said:
and get over the middle easter arab things. i fly with a bunch of great guys from iran jordan etc etc plus lets not forget oklahoma city timothy mcviegh everyone

Every time someone mentions the arabs, some politically correct apologist for the terorrists must bring up McVeigh. Here are the stats:

McVeigh 1
Muslim male extremists 1000

Now, take this quiz:

In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
(a) Olga Corbutt
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Arnold Schwartzeneger
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
(a) Lost Norwegians
(b) Elvis
(c) A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

During the 1980s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
(a) John Dillinger
(b) The King of Sweden
(c) The Boy Scouts

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
(a) A pizza delivery boy
(b) Pee Wee Herman
(c) Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked, and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard by:
(a) The Smurfs
(b) Davy Jones
(c) The Little Mermaid

In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was murdered by:
(a) Captain Kid
(b) Charles Lindberg
(c) Mother Teresa

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
(a) Scooby Doo
(b) The Tooth Fairy
(c) Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid who had a few sticks of
dynamite left over from the train job.

In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
(a) Richard Simmons
(b) Grandma Moses
(c) Michael Jordan

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
(a) Mr. Rogers
(b) Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
(c) The World Wrestling Federation to promote its next villain: "Mustapha the Merciless"

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed and thousands of people were killed by:
(a) Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd
(b) The Supreme Court of Florida
(c) Mr. Bean

In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
(a) Enron
(b) The Lutheran Church
(c) The NFL
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
(a) Bonny and Clyde
(b) Captain Kangaroo
(c) Billy Graham

ROFL!! I Hate Freight, you rock dude. That is the best post on this topic yet. Nicely done.

In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
(a) Olga Corbutt
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Arnold Schwartzeneger

How convenient to leave out that they were Israeli athletes. Terrorists struck out at Israels (and continue to do so today) for the injustices Israel has commited against Palestinians. There are always two sides to every story.

In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
(a) Lost Norwegians
(b) Elvis
(c) A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 [/QHOTE]

Hmmm. If only we hadn't supported the Iranian shah, and then staged an overthrow of their government.

During the 1980s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
(a) John Dillinger
(b) The King of Sweden
(c) The Boy Scouts

Terrorists were probably pissed at the American involvement in the middle east, and with one sided support with Israel.

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
(a) A pizza delivery boy
(b) Pee Wee Herman
(c) Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day

Marines posted in a middle eastern country during a non-war time probably pissed off the terrorists. Maybe they just wanted the US troops to leave. Who knows. I do feel bad for the Marines, though. Our armed forces members are the ones who continuosly pay for the mistakes of our government.

In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked, and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard by:
(a) The Smurfs
(b) Davy Jones
(c) The Little Mermaid

... probably in retaliation for *something* the US and/or Israel had done to opress them.

In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was murdered by:
(a) Captain Kid
(b) Charles Lindberg
(c) Mother Teresa

A very sad ordeal. Again, the foreign policy of ours and the oppression of the middle east are reasons. Why didn't they hijack British Airways, Qantas, Air France, Lufthansa, etc? Because the governments of those countries has not committed anything in the middle east. The hijacking is no way justified, but in the minds of terrorists, it's the only thing to do to get worldwide attention... aparently, I guess throwing rocks didn't work.

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
(a) Scooby Doo
(b) The Tooth Fairy
(c) Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid who had a few sticks of
dynamite left over from the train job.

Hmmm.... which country's government shot down an innocent Iranian civilian airliner, killing hundreds of men/women/children, after "mistaking" the climbing aircraft as a fast descending "threat..." ??? Oh yes, our government. No doubt this Pan Am shooting down was in retaliation.

In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
(a) Richard Simmons
(b) Grandma Moses
(c) Michael Jordan

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
(a) Mr. Rogers
(b) Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
(c) The World Wrestling Federation to promote its next villain: "Mustapha the Merciless"

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed and thousands of people were killed by:
(a) Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd
(b) The Supreme Court of Florida
(c) Mr. Bean

All very sad events. Tremendous amounts of innocent lives lost. But the terrorists had their reasons. And note that each of those attacks were either against the US, or Israel.

In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
(a) Enron
(b) The Lutheran Church
(c) The NFL

The war was against the Taliban and terrorist training camps. I'm glad we went in. The war was against all extremists radical muslims, and hell, even white Americans who joined the Taliban... John Lindh.

In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
(a) Bonny and Clyde
(b) Captain Kangaroo
(c) Billy Graham

I feel bad for the guy. But again, a jewish guy reporting on muslims in a muslim country that already hates jews. Are you surprised the terrorists killed him?

I think this has gone far enough. We've all made our points. There are always two sides to every story.

Oh my God, we sooooo had it coming. I get it now...we deserved everything we got. Go Terrorism! Get that nasty US Government!

I'm going to vomit now...not sure if it's because of this thread or the Jager-Bombs.

kmox29 said:
Oh my God, we sooooo had it coming. I get it now...we deserved everything we got. Go Terrorism! Get that nasty US Government!

I'm going to vomit now...not sure if it's because of this thread or the Jager-Bombs.

Of course we dont deserve it. But you have to be honest, we had it coming... ever since the first failed WTC bombing... that was the first 'establishment' of them terrorists attacking the US mainland soil. And then 9/11 happened, and now all the bombings in London, Lebanon, and Egypt.

Sadly, with terorists like these, it's not a matter of ' if ', but when.

I think CNN repoeted that a "majority" of American people believe another attack in the USA is likely. Again, not if, but when.

Sadly, THAT is today's reality.

Latest resources

Back