Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Geez!

Flyer1015 said:
We're on the same page with the TSA, at least we agree on something.

We only encourage women to get breast examinations. There is no forcing them. It is by choice. But by profiling all middle-eastern-looking people, you are FORCING them against their choice, and humiliating them because someone else of the same skin color bombed something earlier. It's completely unjustifiable.

Japanese internment... "necessary" at the time? How so? After the Pearl Harbor attacks, did the Japanese people living here even plan anything bad? No. The bombings were the result of the decision of the Japanese Armed forces (government).

And then of course, the question is, "Is it ever okay to kill innocent civilians during war?" Most would answer no. But, we dropped two nuclear bombs over Japan... wiping out entire cities. The way I see it, if a civilian picks up a gun or starts throwing rocks at you, that civilian is then a 'threat.' Threats should be neutralized. But everyday people living their everyday lives didn't deserve to die in those atomic bombs.

We can say all we want about freedom values that we belive in, but believe it, the Japanese will never forget or forgive what happened a few decades ago (even though they might pretend to). Same goes for black people, who weren't treated fairly their rights until the '60s. We can act like everything is peachy, but our history has been tainted.

What's really sad? These al-Qaeda soldiers kill our American soldiers with weapons that WE gave them in the '80s to fight against the Russians. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Humph. Supposedly, the US government (CIA) actually worked with bin Laden forces way back in the 80s. Our foreign policy and course of action in the last 30 years or so has helped create these vicious terrorist monsters.

And now, we are willing to profile (and hence, humiliate, and 'punish') brown colored people due largely to the failure of our government's policies since the last thiry years? That's sad....

Spreading democracy in the middle east? Good luck with that. How would you feel if tomorrow, China invaded us saying that we will have to follow communism (their belief)? Wouldn't you fight back? And I think that's exactly what the Iraqi insurgents are doing now. Sadly, our boys in Iraq continue to pay the price for the screw ups of this administration.

You are one of the biggest liberal idiots I have heard of. You guys just don't get it. . .These idiots want to kill us and all you can do is defend them and blame us. . . Get real man.

On another note. . . I don't think it was very nice of the JAPANESE to bomb PEARL HARBOR! Toasting them brought a quick end to a terrible war.

If the Japanese or Germans or their supporters living here were planning anything, which in all likelyhood they were, we prevented it.

I am profiled everytime I take a one-way flight and it is neither humiliatiing or enjoyable. . . but it is necessary.

PLEASE SPARE US THE BLACK REPARATIONS SPEECH! that does not even deserve discussion!

iflyabeech said:
You are one of the biggest liberal idiots I have heard of. You guys just don't get it. . .These idiots want to kill us and all you can do is defend them and blame us. . . Get real man.

On another note. . . I don't think it was very nice of the JAPANESE to bomb PEARL HARBOR! Toasting them brought a quick end to a terrible war.

If the Japanese or Germans or their supporters living here were planning anything, which in all likelyhood they were, we prevented it.

I am profiled everytime I take a one-way flight and it is neither humiliatiing or enjoyable. . . but it is necessary.

PLEASE SPARE US THE BLACK REPARATIONS SPEECH! that does not even deserve discussion!

It wasn't very nice of the Japenese to bomb us. They started it... they made a war-like-move. In war, we try to kill the soldiers of the enemies, and try to avoid civlian casualties. The Japanese bombed Pear Harbor, a military (Naval) place. Most casualties were military personnel. It was a heinous act, and we should have retaliated.... But we go and then anhilate two of their cities, killing millions, I'm sure if you include everything from the blasts to the radiation cancer deaths that have continuted. "Toasting them" is a very bad phrase to use. There was nothing to be proud of killing innocent men, women, and children that were just going about their every day lives in Japan.

Alright, I'm done now for sure with this thread. I think we all have agreed that everyone has different views, and I can respect that.

Peace !

iflyabeech said:

So let's toast them all. But wait, where to point the nuke? Seems we have a prolem here. What to do?

Flyer1015 said:
It wasn't very nice of the Japenese to bomb us. They started it... they made a war-like-move. In war, we try to kill the soldiers of the enemies, and try to avoid civlian casualties. The Japanese bombed Pear Harbor, a military (Naval) place. Most casualties were military personnel. It was a heinous act, and we should have retaliated.... But we go and then anhilate two of their cities, killing millions, I'm sure if you include everything from the blasts to the radiation cancer deaths that have continuted. "Toasting them" is a very bad phrase to use. There was nothing to be proud of killing innocent men, women, and children that were just going about their every day lives in Japan.

Alright, I'm done now for sure with this thread. I think we all have agreed that everyone has different views, and I can respect that.

Peace !

Maybe we should TOAST your A$$ also. It is sissies like you that bring our country down

I ain't no yankee and you are the jacka$$

Latest resources

Back