• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Production Test Pilot - Cessna

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that would be a great job. Anybody know what something like that would pay an experienced pilot/salesman? Enough green to make a career?
Just curious, would like to end up doing something like that after I put some more turbine PIC in my book.

Sounds like a great job. The downside? You have to move to Independence, Kansas. I'm sure it's a great town for raising a family but I've been through there a couple times to pick up airplanes from the factory and it is not exactly the hotbed of entertainment in S.E. Kansas. Most of the guys I see doing the test flights are older guys (30s and 40s) and don't strike me as the timebuilding types, though I could be wrong. I know nothing about pay or working conditions though.

I can teel you that the job probably pays pretty well (pay will be based on experience, but I would imagine they are starting out at around 45-50K). Independence is also where the Mustang will be manufactured. Those SE Production Test Pilots will also be doing the flights on the new Mustang (that is why they also want you to have an MEI).

Latest resources

Back