Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Another great flight department in this months pro pilot, Market Air. Direct quote from the DO "Our pilots start at low salaries and work there way up to captain".
Another point made in the article, Payscales are fair, although pilots are advised upfront not to expect the salaries they read about in industry salary surveys.

Another great quote, I just put the best of it. "....... We give our pilots lot of opportunities, but you can't expect to come in here as a $40,000-per-year first officer and move up to $100,000 as soon as you make captain".
Then it go on about how they "loan" there pilots the money for the types. You have to stay 12 months for smaller aircraft and 2 years for the bigger airplanes. "So we provide what is basically a loan for a pilot to get a type rating. ......."

Man I can not wait to send them a resume. Where in the world do they find these shady operators for this magazine?

I know of places that pay for your training, including types, and pay NBAA averages and above. They're out there, it's just we try to keep it a secret :)

English said:
I know of places that pay for your training, including types, and pay NBAA averages and above. They're out there, it's just we try to keep it a secret :)

....and chances are they would NEVER appear in "Pro Pilot" magazine.

I think they should do a follow-up article on the "Pro Pilot" featured department that slept in the farkin' Learjets after atlantic crossings...that was my personal favorite....the berthable Lear 35 with the crew sleeping in it on the ramp at EGGW.

-- priceless "Pro Pilot" material!

:eek: .

Gulfstream 200 said:
....and chances are they would NEVER appear in "Pro Pilot" magazine.
VERY true... Our department has been approached many times by Pro-Pilot to be their featured department... Every time we have turned them down, thankfully!

Reminds me of the Pro Pilot article a few years back that mentioned one of the perks of working for a paticular operator was "all the soda the pilots can drink for free". Read somthing like like makes me embarassed to say I do what I do.

Falcon Capt said:
VERY true... Our department has been approached many times by Pro-Pilot to be their featured department... Every time we have turned them down, thankfully!

It's a well known fact. If you end up on the cover of Pro-Pilot its the kiss of death.

What happened to the PP editor who tried asking what was wrong with their magazine. Where is he now? Didn't he get the message that Sh*tty ops like these are why we don't like PP? They still continue to interview and highlight the worst ops around.

Latest resources

Back