• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Prevent the Whipsaw: One Pilot Group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whipsaw hasn't happened? You may be a better run company but that doesn't mean that whipsaw hasn't happened. Anyways, XJT has already been whipsawed by SKW so its irrelevant to us if you haven't perceived it yet at ASA. But you are right, whipsaw doesn't make a company better, it just puts downward pressure on the employees compensation.

Whipsaw happens regardless of whether we are all on one list. The main "whipsaw" comes from DAL, UAL, CAL, AAA, etc...They put out the RFPs. The regional consolidation actually helps to reduce the whipsaw....go with it for now...

Nevets said:
Well, if its just ASA/XJT then it wouldn't be "one list" don't you think? I don't understand the fear of having one group of pilots to share in the success of their company.

Ask anyone here at ASA...There is no bigger "one list" supporter here than me. I fought hard for one list back in 2000 with ASA/CMR/DAL. I raised heck about us not pushing for one list with Skywest in our contract negotiations. In BOTH cases, it was ALPA that didn't push for a single list for political reasons...You may want to do some more research into the history of single lists before you pontificate about why some of us don't jump on the "single list" bandwagon with you.....

Whipsaw happens regardless of whether we are all on one list. The main "whipsaw" comes from DAL, UAL, CAL, AAA, etc...They put out the RFPs. The regional consolidation actually helps to reduce the whipsaw....go with it for now...

Yes and we don't need to be adding to it by giving regional managements to whipsaw us as well. If JA was really doing us a favor as you say by consolidating the regionals, he would one list us yesterday! Believe me, he is not doing what he is doing for our betterment!

Ask anyone here at ASA...There is no bigger "one list" supporter here than me. I fought hard for one list back in 2000 with ASA/CMR/DAL. I raised heck about us not pushing for one list with Skywest in our contract negotiations. In BOTH cases, it was ALPA that didn't push for a single list for political reasons...You may want to do some more research into the history of single lists before you pontificate about why some of us don't jump on the "single list" bandwagon with you.....

Just because mistakes were made in the past doesn't mean that its still not the right thing to do today. Where are your principles?

Latest resources

Back