Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propilot1983

Awesome Guy
Let's get SkyWest, ExpressJet, and Atlantic Southeast all on the same page to prevent a company from whipsawing the pilots against each other. This is the time to organize SkyWest so we can be one LARGE united bargaining unit. I know we all have our own opinion about ALPA National, but we can elect great men and women from each airline into a collective MEC to go to work for the airline as a whole.

Show your support and join the Facebook Community Page --> Prevent the Whipsaw: One Pilot Group.

Let's start at the bottom and build each other up and take back our industry and fight for great work rules, pay, and QOL that we deserve. It's time to be treated like the professionals that we worked so hard (and paid so much) to become.

Last edited:
Won't work. The lure of the "quick upgrade" is too great.

totally true!!

"All for me" will win! and your managment knows it!

Anybody but ALPO, and I'm in.

This may be a good opportunity to start a union that works for the regionals instead of one that serves the legacies first.

What quick upgrade are you talking about? There haven't been any announcements about aircraft deliveries. Both place have had guys out on furlough for quite some time and SKW isn't hiring. Right now I can't see any quick upgrades in our near future.

As I have said in a different thread, I think JA might kill the deal if the merger is pushed to try to merge all three groups together. I know very well the threat of whipsaw and how JA uses it. The reason the last deal fell through was partly due to the merger clause and JA not wanting to give up his baby. I think we might be better off getting XE and EV together first, and then push for a union drive over at OO.

Any better ideas?

Any better ideas?

While I am undecided, a better idea may be to let the deal die. I have no desire to be part of a Freedom or Go Jet type effort to circumnavigate someone else's contract. At first glance that would appear to be what is going on here.

Now if things are done in such a way that the Express Jet guys are willingly on board with it, that would be a different matter, so long as they are not on board as the result of threats and whipsaw. This deal can be done with or without the three-way list merger, but either way, it must not be an an end run around the Express Jet contract.

If Express Jets choses to fight this in court and loses, we must join them in ensuring our new contract includes similar language to theirs, making a single list with Skywest Airlines mandatory.

We at ASA are not Freedom (original list) or Go Jets trash, and there is never a good time to start down that road.

I am an XJT guy. I think it's important that we bring SkyWest pilots into the fold so that way, it's one unified group under one company. GoJets/TSA is a different monster. That was a group of pilots willing to take lower wages and undercut the industry. I think what most people, myself included, are trying to prevent pitting one pilot group against the other. The more we work together, the more leverage we can have at the negotiating table. I'm not fond of ALPA national, however, the MEC of a union can do a lot. Not to mention the total union would have over 6900 pilots!! That's bigger than UAL, bigger than CAL, bigger than FedEx, bigger than Alaska!

The union would be too big for ALPA national to continue to focus largely on Legacy Carriers. It's time to take back our industry! United we stand. Divided we fall. We need to get SkyWest on board. It's just that simple.

The union would be too big for ALPA national to continue to focus largely on Legacy Carriers. It's time to take back our industry! United we stand. Divided we fall. We need to get SkyWest on board. It's just that simple.

Some what in agreement; SkyWest does need to get on board.

But no matter how big a regional gets, ALPO will always favor the legacy, they need money and that is their favorite route.

A union for the regionals, it's just that simple.

Latest resources

Back