• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Prevent the Whipsaw: One Pilot Group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So exactly how does a single list at SKYW Inc stop the whipsaw? Unless there is language in the mainline contract that includes "brand scope", this won't stop the "whipsaw".

So exactly how does a single list at SKYW Inc stop the whipsaw? Unless there is language in the mainline contract that includes "brand scope", this won't stop the "whipsaw".

It stops the whipsaw on the micro level, but you're right that it doesn't stop the macro level whipsaw. However, consolidation is likely to do regional pilots a favor, as competition is going to be far less fierce for flying with so few carriers bidding. Other initiatives such as portable longevity will help level the playing field, and with continued consolidation, "brand scope" may well become a possibility again in the future.

It stops the whipsaw on the micro level, but you're right that it doesn't stop the macro level whipsaw. However, consolidation is likely to do regional pilots a favor, as competition is going to be far less fierce for flying with so few carriers bidding. Other initiatives such as portable longevity will help level the playing field, and with continued consolidation, "brand scope" may well become a possibility again in the future.

Portable longevity should have been agreed to along time ago. What is this "portable longevity" you speak of. We haven't heard anything in "the trenches". Why do I have to learn of this on FI. It's a great idea, but why is the first I've heard of it?

It will stop the mainlines from using the SKYWs of the world to whipsaw other regionals. CAL used SKW as a tool to whipsaw XJT as JA uses SKW to whipsaw ASA. One list helps bring some of it to an end. I thought you were for one list? I thought you said JA wanted to reduce competition? Wouldn't one list reduce competition more than his current plan? Which is it? Does he want to reduce competition or not?

CAL or DAL planes should be flown by CAL or DAL pilots.

That said one list at INC is a start. Union politics aside I gotta think you know one list is the first step in the right direction.

Latest resources

Back