• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Prevent the Whipsaw: One Pilot Group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm all for the idea. You say SkyWest is used to whipsaw ASA give me a specific example of where this has happened. Not just theory, i understand the theory. I want some examples.

I don't know that any examples exist. I am an XJT guy. Merging all lists together will hopefully prevent SkyWest management from pitting one pilot group against the other. One unified voice, better leverage in contract negotiations, and slowly taking back an industry that has gradually been widdled away. Some FO's make less than some workers at McDonalds. We are professionals and deserve to be treated that way on all levels. PREVENT THE WHIPSAW: ONE PILOT GROUP

You do not want to merge lists with SKYW. We have it better than they do and merging the lists will bring us down. Right now there is healthy competion to see who can be better.

As far as whip-saw, that hasn't happened since they bought us and in fact this place has gotten better than anyone had imagined. I think ASA mgmt is driven to make ASA better in all areas than the parent company and it has been working.

Whip-sawing doesn't make a company better, it makes two companies worse. And being worse is not ASA's or SKYW's goal.

You were bought by a great company and that is a much better option than any of the alternatives XJet faced, from being bought by a true whipsawer to going the way of Comair.

Welcome aboard and I hope this turns out well for us all.

I'm all for the idea. You say SkyWest is used to whipsaw ASA give me a specific example of where this has happened. Not just theory, i understand the theory. I want some examples.

How about during ASA's negotiations SKYW transferred 4 CR7's from ASA to SKYW when ASA didn't play ball at the negotiating table? Or when ASA had CR9 deliveries transferred to SKYW for the same reason. If we were all 1 pilot group, crap like that couldn't happen.

How about during ASA's negotiations SKYW transferred 4 CR7's from ASA to SKYW when ASA didn't play ball at the negotiating table? Or when ASA had CR9 deliveries transferred to SKYW for the same reason. If we were all 1 pilot group, crap like that couldn't happen.

Of course at the time, ALPA denied that it had anything to do with negotiations and that those 900s would have gone anyway...I didn't believe ALPA, but it seems ALPA likes to change the tune to suit it's message....Something to think about....

Well Joe the fact is the company had only introduced it's 14% paycut opener a couple months prior. They tossed us a memo "announcing" the CR9's and less than three weeks later told the pilots that they were going to SKW because we didn't agree to their demands. Whether they were ever really going to come to ASA is debatable.

The union did not say it had nothing to do with negotiations. It had everything to do with negotiations. They were trying to beat us like they did the Comair group. They took it. We didn't. They took a paycut to get imaginary airplanes that never existed.

We told them to go stuff it.

Well Joe the fact is the company had only introduced it's 14% paycut opener a couple months prior. They tossed us a memo "announcing" the CR9's and less than three weeks later told the pilots that they were going to SKW because we didn't agree to their demands. Whether they were ever really going to come to ASA is debatable.

The union did not say it had nothing to do with negotiations. It had everything to do with negotiations. They were trying to beat us like they did the Comair group. They took it. We didn't. They took a paycut to get imaginary airplanes that never existed.

We told them to go stuff it.

So were we "whipsawed" or weren't we? I think we were.

Gimme a break. Just call it as it is. Xjt just wants SKW's better bases. SFO SBA PSP LAX DEN smell much nicer than EWR IAH and CLE. You rant this no whipsaw message but let's be realistic. It's not going to change much and you are pushing this for your own interests. SKW don't be fooled.

One list with fences for seats and bases takes care of those worries about your precious West Coast bases. How about 2 years fence and then only vacancy driven movement allowed? Would that be enough to protect the Skywest pilots?

Those -700s were moving and and the -900s were never coming to begin with. The company just saw an opportunity to see if they could use them for negotiations. They did the logical thing and we responded by not giving in.

In fact, I don't remember the company really saying give in or lose the planes. I think they just let the rumor mill do the work for them and they played along.

Latest resources

Back