• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preferred Routing in the Northeast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For seafood, land at the Bay Bridge aiport and walk over to Hemingway's. Or, take a cab. It's a long walk.

Wilkes-Barre (AVP) Damon's, for great ribs. About 1/4 mile down the road, near the hotel.

Timebuilder,

What did you mean by you were planning on a "junior base" at NetJets? I thought you just got to pick one of their gateways and that was it.

Timebuilder:

You must have read Flannery O'Connor's short story "The Displaced Person" (DP). Funny, she is from my ancestral home, Milledgeville, GA....

What do I mean by junior base? I expect that when I become a new hire, the better bases will have all of the pilots they need, and the less desirable places will be where I end up. If that isn't the case, or if I just get to pick a spot as I like, that's all the better. I have another year or so to make the mins.

Alpine tower, that's the one. The first time a contoller mentioned it, I was stumped. Now, I look back and laugh.

DP's. I went to VFMA, and we had a whole crew of older men who had come over after WWII, as displaced persons. Basically, they were our janitors, and often spent the weekend getting drunk. We called them "Dees" for short.

Latest resources

Back