• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preferential hiring for Comair pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was at Comair during the whole "Delta preferential hiring" fiasco. I, along with plenty of other Comair pilots, had no problem letting the guys keep their seniority number. In addition, many of had absolutely nothing to do with the RJDC. I personally didn't agree with it and made that known to the supporters. I only mention this because some at Delta still carry a grudge and assume we all supported these unpopular union/company/select pilots decisions. Many of us did not...

And yet the reps that put those MEC people in office and those policies in place remained in power.

No one was recalled, and there was no retraction or repudiation of this position by anyone, not even by a single LEC.

Sorry, doesn't wash. If you objected to it then, something more could have been done by the "majority" that didn't agree with this policy.

My guess is that those who "objected" felt "well, let's see if this gets any traction before I say anything."

The time to act was then, not blubber "it wasn't MY fault" years after the fact. That dog don't hunt.

Nu

Nu, I'm afraid you don't understand life in the whipsaw for pilots trying to move on-
The idea in the whipsaw market mainline pilots helped create is to keep your head down and don't make waves- then MOVE ON.

Delta guys, GET OVER IT!!!!!

Tell that to a Delta guy (not me) who couldn't even interview because the greed (and attempted scope grab) over there wouldn't allow him to interview for a NEW-HIRE F/O spot......

Sorry that's karma smackin you in the .......

Judging by who started this post and does the most whining about Delta scope, Wave was a Comair guy?

Makes sense.....PFT Commuter Pilot, PFT 737 Pilot.

So by "merit"...you mean that military pilots should get hired first. I get at least one trip a month with a Commander jock strap. Pref hiring for military already exists in Memphis and Louisville...lets keep it there.

Boy, you really CAN'T read, can you? He's even spelled it out for you and you still missed it to put a slam on military guys in general. Here it is, slower and with more direct words:

He says Comair should get preferrential hiring, ...as should furloughed guys, ...as should military guys, ...as should everyone else.... Get it? He's applying a little sarcasm here- he's saying that EVERYONE has a sob story or special qual to put them at the top of the list; therefore, no one gets preferential treatment, and airlines should hire on merit (whatever their criteria is), and merit alone.

Is that any better? Do you get it now? Or do you want to take another unrelated slap at the military again because you saw a Navy reference in his profile?

Bubba

We haven't had a war to protect OUR "freedom, rights and opportunities" ever since WWII. Everything else has been for somebody else or something else. Iraq war I and II were both oil. Afghanistan was... something else. But not attacking Afganistan would not have made us lose "freedom, rights, and opportunities."

Lets call a spade a spade. What you are saying was true back in the day, but today, a military pilot is more likely to die stateside on a training mission than in Iraq/Afghanistan or whatever other country Romney decides to invade soon.

I only wish the AF took me, but I couldn't pass the military medical. Free flight training, and I honestly never cared about the fighter squad, bomber units, I'd be just as fat/dumb/happy flying a cargo transport or a refueler. Anyway, to say that military pilots should receive preferntial interviews just for their service is a little ridiculous.

First of all, nobody really said they should get preferential treatment in hiring at the airlines; you seem to have a somewhat milder case of whatever comprehension affliction that Muppets has.

Also, you seem to be forgetting the cold war, which essentially ended only in 1989. Unless, of course, you're one of those guys who believe that surely those friendly Soviets intended to stop their takeover progress at the iron curtain line held to by the forces of NATO. That whole manifesto about making the entire world communist, by any means necessary, and actually written into their constitution, was just a big gag. There was no danger to the "freedom, rights and opportunities" of Americans (or other people) from those zany, vodka-drinking jokesters. Certainly they wouldn't have taken over any OTHER countries (I mean other than the ones they actually did, of course) if we hadn't stood up to them with actual military strength.

And plenty of airline pilots working today, served in the military in those years as cold war military personnel "fought" and sacrificed (up to and including their lives) in that particular conflict. I just thought I'd point that out to you, seeing as how your history book seems to be a little lacking.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back