• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preferential hiring for Comair pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was at Comair during the whole "Delta preferential hiring" fiasco. I, along with plenty of other Comair pilots, had no problem letting the guys keep their seniority number. In addition, many of had absolutely nothing to do with the RJDC. I personally didn't agree with it and made that known to the supporters. I only mention this because some at Delta still carry a grudge and assume we all supported these unpopular union/company/select pilots decisions. Many of us did not...

Agreed. Assuming that all Comair pilots were responsible for or believed that delta pilots shouldn't be hired at Comair is like assuming all delta pilots are arrogant a...holes who think they are better than everyone else. Grow up people.

Agreed. Assuming that all Comair pilots were responsible for or believed that delta pilots shouldn't be hired at Comair is like assuming all delta pilots are arrogant a...holes who think they are better than everyone else. Grow up people.

How are the Delta pilots to know otherwise?

Was there a recall of reps? No.

Was there a change of MEC leadership? No.

Was there a repudiation or retraction? No.

Was there a "concerned group" that reached out to the DAL MEC and said "yo, hey, not all of us think like this!". No.

More than likely, they majority simply said "wow, that's a gutsy move, Mav. But I'm not going to say anything, and see if this gets any traction, and maybe I'll get something out of it".

So now the "silent majority" gets to live with the results of their inaction.

Nu

How are the Delta pilots to know otherwise?

Was there a recall of reps? No.

Was there a change of MEC leadership? No.

Was there a repudiation or retraction? No.

Was there a "concerned group" that reached out to the DAL MEC and said "yo, hey, not all of us think like this!". No.

More than likely, they majority simply said "wow, that's a gutsy move, Mav. But I'm not going to say anything, and see if this gets any traction, and maybe I'll get something out of it".

So now the "silent majority" gets to live with the results of their inaction.

Nu

More than likely you believe what you hear. Maybe some reached out, maybe some stayed out of it because Comair was a stepping stone to another airline Either way, it doesn't matter. So many of the people there now were not even there back then. But whatever, I hope in the end the good people at Comair end up in a good place. Mav

Latest resources

Back