• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Preferential hiring for Comair pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok. So any Comair pilot that is offered a pref. interview must resign his seniority number with Comair. That should be a hard choice to make. (sarcasm)

I'll go against the grain here...

There are a lot of furloughed airline pilots out there. To single Comair plots out for preferential treatment is unfair to those that have been on the street longer. If there is any preferential treatment, it should be for all furloughed pilots.

I'll also go so far as to say that furloughed major airline pilots should get preferential treatment at the major airlines over furloughed regional airline pilots.

I also think military pilots should get preferential treatment due to their service to our country and the sacrifices they have made.

And I think that anyone with an internal recommendation should get preferential treatment as they are a known quality by someone already at the airline.

So maybe what I'm really saying is that hiring should be based on qualifications, not preferential treatment.

And yes, having been furloughed twice, I have "walked a mile in their shoes".

Give me a F'ing break

Give me a F'ing break

Which part, that they've sacrificed for their country;or they should get preferential interviews? To say they haven't sacrificed for their country would show you are blind,ignorant or a combination.

I would agree that everyone should have the same priority as everyone; whether you are military, furloughed or comair. Get the qualification, be competitive and earn your job, just like everyone else on the seniority list!

Give me a F'ing break
if your reading comprehension was at least average, you'd realize that the entire post taken in context was that no one should get preferential treatment and hiring should be based on merit.

But it is obvious you are one of those people that think the freedom, rights and opportunities you enjoy in the U.S. just magically appear with without anyone having to make the sacrifices necessary to protect them.

I love how views on prefferential hiring always taylor to suit one's own advantage. Here's a thought- let those in charge of the hiring and selection do their job, and you do yours by filling out the application. Let fate, luck, and networking skill affect the odds.

There is also more than one way to serve one's country- protecting liberty, freedom, and opportunity.

if your reading comprehension was at least average, you'd realize that the entire post taken in context was that no one should get preferential treatment and hiring should be based on merit.

But it is obvious you are one of those people that think the freedom, rights and opportunities you enjoy in the U.S. just magically appear with without anyone having to make the sacrifices necessary to protect them.

So by "merit"...you mean that military pilots should get hired first. I get at least one trip a month with a Commander jock strap. Pref hiring for military already exists in Memphis and Louisville...lets keep it there.

I was at Comair during the whole "Delta preferential hiring" fiasco. I, along with plenty of other Comair pilots, had no problem letting the guys keep their seniority number. In addition, many of had absolutely nothing to do with the RJDC. I personally didn't agree with it and made that known to the supporters. I only mention this because some at Delta still carry a grudge and assume we all supported these unpopular union/company/select pilots decisions. Many of us did not...

We haven't had a war to protect OUR "freedom, rights and opportunities" ever since WWII. Everything else has been for somebody else or something else. Iraq war I and II were both oil. Afghanistan was... something else. But not attacking Afganistan would not have made us lose "freedom, rights, and opportunities."

Lets call a spade a spade. What you are saying was true back in the day, but today, a military pilot is more likely to die stateside on a training mission than in Iraq/Afghanistan or whatever other country Romney decides to invade soon.

I only wish the AF took me, but I couldn't pass the military medical. Free flight training, and I honestly never cared about the fighter squad, bomber units, I'd be just as fat/dumb/happy flying a cargo transport or a refueler. Anyway, to say that military pilots should receive preferntial interviews just for their service is a little ridiculous.

Please, no preferred anything for us, I beg you. I've had it up to here with being preferred.

So by "merit"...you mean that military pilots should get hired first. I get at least one trip a month with a Commander jock strap. Pref hiring for military already exists in Memphis and Louisville...lets keep it there.
By merit I meant qualifications. The best qualified for the job. No preferential hiring.

You know, there are adult learning courses that can help you with your lack of reading comprehension.

Or is it that you are such an anti-military nutcase that you lose all common sense and the ability to reason as soon as you see the word "military"?

Latest resources

Back