Pre Acquisition Applicants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CF34-3B1

We all know there were a lot of Trannys with applications on file at SWA before the acquisition.

Which raises the obvious questions; If those guys were willing to go to the bottom of the SWA list pre acquisition, what, exactly has changed?

And more importantly, what does ALPA say when the SWAPA lawyer drops a copy of all the applications on the arbitrator's desk?

<<Edited because I honestly don't know the exact number.>>

Last edited:
That number is wrong..not even close. Don't propagate wrong information.

Then again, this is flight info so ......have at it.

That number is wrong..not even close. Don't propagate wrong information.

Then again, this is flight info so ......have at it.

Do you have more accurate numbers? The ones I heard are admitedly hearsay, but come from a source I wouldn't think would pull numbers out of the air.

But if it's any number above zero, the questions still stand.

Does anyone know the actual number?

Last edited:
Look, I would like for that number to be 700, but its just not accurate.

Your point is still valid that there were some active applications on file with us pre-announcement. There were pilots at Airtran that wanted to leave and start over with us. Many interviewed and weren't selected for a variety of reasons.

After the arbitration we will probably know the exact number as it will be part of our case, I'm sure.

That is his argument for the Swingline, but it doesn't hold water. Frankly, NO argument for the Swingline method does.

Except of course that's the historic SWA modus operandi. We'll finally get an arbitration to see if its fair.

If the AT guys agreed to staple all the guys who had resumes on file, would SWAPA agree to straight relative seniority for everyone else?

If the AT guys agreed to staple all the guys who had resumes on file, would SWAPA agree to straight relative seniority for everyone else?

The ones with applications on file actually WANT to work here.

"Cool, I'm gonna work for SWA." as opposed to "Cool, I'm gonna get a big pay raise."

I know I know, it's not about the money.....

Latest resources

Back