Potential bad news for ASA/Comair crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JBcrjca

Well, another silly memo has come down from the wiseguys at SkyWest HQ...from the head of Inflight Services. It seems that in order to cut costs, SkyWest crews are no longer allowed to trade snacks on the planes with crews from other airlines. Now this is the most rediculous thing I've heard in a long time...the cost of trading snacks is miniscule when compared to the overall cost of running an airline. We've all seen numerous examples of mindless wastes of $$ at every airline, but this is just plain stupid.

Well I tell ya what, I've always thought it was cool when ASA or Comair crews came up and asked for our cookies. They're pretty darn good and I'm always happy to hand some out...as long as we get cheese crackers or goldfish in return, hehehe. You get tired of the same snacks day after day, so I'm all in favor of a little variety. It's also a good way to get to know guys from the other companies, trade some good rumors, etc. If anyone comes up and asks to swap, I'll still do it...but just forget who you got those cookies from, okay? I'll deny everything, admit nothing! Unless it's caught on video of course. :D

I'm only going to trade snacks that I would have eaten myself (on the airplane of course) anyway, so I'll exempt myself.

But, if we trade a Skywest cookie that the Skywest crew would have consumed for some Comair crackers that the Comair crew would have consumed is the Skywest crew still only allowed to consume the Comair crackers while on duty in the Skywest airplane?

I'll call the manager on duty and clear this up.

Scott

We Comair and ASA pilots need brand scope on snacks. The Skywest pilots are taking our snacks. This has to stop.

Oh yeah, I'd never thought about the duty concerns...very good question, and there might be some Ops manual violations hidden in there somewhere too; something about crewmembers eating the same meals right? Well let me know what the MOD says, I'll get on the phone with the chief pilot and we'll clear this up straight away. :eek:

Not to worry. A memo is out at ASA that the cheese crackers are being discontinued. Nothing but Delta pretzels from here on out. With four hour legs to OAK starting next month, I am going to need to start bringing more munchie food.

Oh well.

To the very friendly SkyWest FO that traded me a bag of your cookies for a sleeve of Biscoff a couple weeks ago. Thanks, them was some good cookies. Beat anything we ever carried.

Coach's Oats...mmmmmm!!!

I applaud the effort to "think outside the box" in an effort to offer customers culinary options.

At Eagle they have one choice :

A scowl and a kick in the ass.

:p

To the Comair Crew that gave us the Cokes in BTR last week. A big thank you!!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the Pepsi's and the quick flash of our FA.

HEHEHEHE.......

At Pinnacle there was a memo for the F/A's that said that the flight crews were not allowed to have a bottle of water in the cockpit. The pilots had to drink one little coffee cup of water at a time.

Latest resources

Back