Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible XJT JCBA by Sun, July 21st 2013?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clutch, really. Thats how you talk to a fellow pilot?

Do you really work at Express Jet?

What are you ten years old.

I guess you don't even know what a Brasilia is.

Clutch how much time did you have when ASA hired you?

A Brasilia is what you flew before the jet came.

I very much appreciate Clutch's insight......in fact, ive got a whole sack of them you can nibble on!

When I told a member of our MEC what I wanted from our next contract, he asked "what is ur seniority number?" When I told him he stated "YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD A LINE....WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT RESERVE RULES?"

THAT pissed me off...this guy couldn't understand why I cared about reserve rules since I wasn't on reserve. VERY telling. Obviously they don't care.

With respect to the argument that vacation on reserve should have 7+(8-9) days off: that equals 15. So I have to burn 7 days worth of earned vacation time for an extra FOUR days off??? WAKE UP! 11+7=18. Period. Minimum. Any less is another reason ill vote NO!

With respect to the argument that vacation on reserve should have 7+(8-9) days off: that equals 15. So I have to burn 7 days worth of earned vacation time for an extra FOUR days off??? WAKE UP! 11+7=18. Period. Minimum. Any less is another reason ill vote NO!

I agree. Vacation time off should be IN ADDITION to the standard amount of time off in a particular month. It should be the minimum days off, plus a week, at the very least.

Is the problem with your MEC leaders or your reps? If your leadership is this out of touch that they aren't catering to the needs of 70% of your pilot group, why hasn't anyone recalled them?

Is the problem with your MEC leaders or your reps? If your leadership is this out of touch that they aren't catering to the needs of 70% of your pilot group, why hasn't anyone recalled them?

The officers do what the reps tell them. So if there is such a problem, it's the reps who are to blame.

The officers do what the reps tell them. So if there is such a problem, it's the reps who are to blame.

Well for the sake of argument, that's not really true. The way ALPA is structured, the MEC hides behind the reps, since the general pilot group can recall a rep, but can't recall the MEC directly. And often, the MEC officers are calling the shots, the reps just attend a meeting and get told to stand behind that decision (toe the line). But they can still be recalled, you just need to recall the reps first if they won't recall the MEC. So really, the question is have you all talked to your reps about this problem or are you just venting on a message board?

Well for the sake of argument, that's not really true. The way ALPA is structured, the MEC hides behind the reps, since the general pilot group can recall a rep, but can't recall the MEC directly. And often, the MEC officers are calling the shots, the reps just attend a meeting and get told to stand behind that decision (toe the line). But they can still be recalled, you just need to recall the reps first if they won't recall the MEC. So really, the question is have you all talked to your reps about this problem or are you just venting on a message board?

Maybe that's the way it works where you are but they have recalled two chairman and a rep in less than one year time here. The officers are now on check that if they don't do what the reps say, they will get recalled. That's the way ALPA is structured. The reps are the brain and the officers are the mouth. But my point was that even if you have rouge officers, it's still the reps fault for not recalling them. Or let me put it this way, if the chairman is not being recalled, it's because of the explicit or implicit approval of the reps.

Maybe that's the way it works where you are but they have recalled two chairman and a rep in less than one year time here. The officers are now on check that if they don't do what the reps say, they will get recalled. That's the way ALPA is structured. The reps are the brain and the officers are the mouth. But my point was that even if you have rouge officers, it's still the reps fault for not recalling them. Or let me put it this way, if the chairman is not being recalled, it's because of the explicit or implicit approval of the reps.

Well goody two shoes for you and the XJT side. I may be wrong, but I think most of the people on this thread are talking about the ASA side? Perhaps you guys should help your new brothers out since you have experience in this area. Because ASA's notoriously weak MEC sounds like its about to cave, and take you down with them if everything these guys are saying is true.

Well goody two shoes for you and the XJT side. I may be wrong, but I think most of the people on this thread are talking about the ASA side? Perhaps you guys should help your new brothers out since you have experience in this area. Because ASA's notoriously weak MEC sounds like its about to cave, and take you down with them if everything these guys are saying is true.

No, I think both MECs are in cahoots on this one. I'm not optimistic they will take a stand like the eagle MEC and not shoot down sending out a concessionary TA for ratification vote. In fact, I would place more blame on the XJT mec side if they agree to something that is concessionary to the XJT side.

And I also believe that the ASA MEC officers are doing exactly what the reps want them to just like on the XJT side. If not, fault will lie on the reps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back