Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible XJT JCBA by Sun, July 21st 2013?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[/QUOTE]

You should know better...Newie and Roachie only care about themselves and their senior lifer buddies. Reserves and FOs mean nothing to these guys. They really don't care. Prefect example is the ready reserve grievance, don't you think if there was a grievance that had an effect on them or any other lifer we'd being hearing about in email/news blasts. Or they would of resolved it by now. This MEC will sell out the rest of the pilot group with a concessional contract just so they can protect the lifers. Ever ask Roachie a question during a ALPA lunch? If your an FO or a reserve Capt. he completely dismisses you. I've given up a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and couldn't see this as being any more truthful. I'm extremely interested in seeing what the reserve section of the contract says, along with soft time issues such as DH pay. This alone is a huge deal- just flew a 6 leg 2 day, of which 3 of the legs were DH's.

I do know of one member of our elected representation that truly cares about the reserve group, and is pushing hard to change things for the better. However, even he will admit that his efforts are akin to beating one's own head against the wall. He simply can't push the changes he desires (and those that we so desperately need) into action beyond our top ALPA echelon of "leadership".

No way is a contract by the 21st a remote possibility, unless it's concessionary. Do you honestly think the company would be so eager if it were raises, or the status quo for their cost structure? Maybe they're just in a rush to implement dual qual and nuke vacation low?

Hey- I'm on reserve, and have sweated long and hard enough for the line holders to enjoy vacation low. So my message is this- don't think vacation low is going to put this place out of business. It's being paid for on my back, and on the back of every single reserve that gets abused relentlessly by ExpressJet. If you are a line holder, you get the days off in addition to your vacation block. As a reserve, if your week long block falls over golden days or days off, they're gone. I literally had a vacation month where I netted 12 days off for that month- no joke. No additional pay, barely any additional time off. This is vacation on reserve.

Dude, you just upgraded. You spent nearly 6 years as a very senior FO getting vacation low and the days off you wanted month in month out. 6 months as a reserve captain and now you're soooo fed up and all of a sudden the system isn't fair..

Do you honestly believe if VL is axed the company will suddenly be staffed properly?

Management will simply reduce the staffing solution and reserves will be in the same boat as ever.

if your week long block falls over golden days or days off, they're gone. I literally had a vacation month where I netted 12 days off for that month- no joke. No additional pay, barely any additional time off. This is vacation on reserve.

That doesn't sound right. With 7 days of vacation you should have had an additional 8-9 days off per 12.D.2.e.(2). Was your week over the monthly transition and not fully in the bid period?

Dude, you just upgraded. You spent nearly 6 years as a very senior FO getting vacation low and the days off you wanted month in month out. 6 months as a reserve captain and now you're soooo fed up and all of a sudden the system isn't fair..

Dude, whether he upgraded yesterday or 6 years ago makes no difference. This MEC believes the senior lifers are entitled to being taken care of first. Everyone else gets the scraps. Some of us believe this is wrong and would like to see a flush of the current leadership.

Just upgraded????? I've been in the left seat for a whole lot longer than that.......the second time. You've got me completely mixed up with someone else. You are absolutely correct though, and I am fed up. As are the many other reserves that have been in the same boat as I. Find me a happy reserve CA, and I'll show you Elvis.

That doesn't sound right. With 7 days of vacation you should have had an additional 8-9 days off per 12.D.2.e.(2). Was your week over the monthly transition and not fully in the bid period?

Nope. Couldn't hold a reserve period with golden days that fell clear of my vacation week. Vacation spanned right over the top of my GDO's- 4 of them. They were lost, and it resulted in having 12 days off during my vacation month.

Reserves and FOs mean nothing to these guys. They really don't care. Prefect example is the ready reserve grievance, don't you think if there was a grievance that had an effect on them or any other lifer we'd being hearing about in email/news blasts. Or they would of resolved it by now.

That grievance is not as perfect of an example as you think. If you speak to your rep you'll learn that there was an unfortunate situation that forced that to be rescheduled. There are too many pending cases and not enough arbitrators, so rescheduling any case means a lengthy delay. There is nothing speedy about the grievance process and the delay is certainly not due to lack of MEC interest.

There are however plenty of other things regarding reserve QOL to take issue with.

Dude, whether he upgraded yesterday or 6 years ago makes no difference. This MEC believes the senior lifers are entitled to being taken care of first. Everyone else gets the scraps. Some of us believe this is wrong and would like to see a flush of the current leadership.

Yessir, and after Jumpers holds a line, the jr folks will expect him to go back on reserve to help their QOL. Jumpers is certainly paying his share. Maybe the senior folks have put some time in, maybe not. Jumpers, I hope you move on or hold a line soon, sir.

Yessir, and after Jumpers holds a line, the jr folks will expect him to go back on reserve to help their QOL. Jumpers is certainly paying his share. Maybe the senior folks have put some time in, maybe not. Jumpers, I hope you move on or hold a line soon, sir.

Funny thing is reserve is so irritating, many are commuting to IAD or DFW to hold lines, even while living in ATL. One thing is certain- even if I do hold a line in the future here, I will still be pushing for reserve QOL improvements. Nobody should be treated with this type of disrespect, regardless of longevity.

Latest resources

Back