Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible XJT JCBA by Sun, July 21st 2013?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only concession I'll consider is a 15 year cap for captains.

I'm with ya...a 20 year would be nice for us lifers, if in fact, we are exactly those.

A 15 year cap would not be a concession. Why do you guys think majors have 12 year caps and we have 18? A longer cap means it takes longer to reach max pay. Bringing the cap down to 12 would increase the rate for most everyone.

So what about those of us here more than 15 years? Sounds concessionary to me if you cap at 15 years. Why are we talking about this anyway?
Who started it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So what about those of us here more than 15 years? Sounds concessionary to me if you cap at 15 years. Why are we talking about this anyway?
Who started it?

Each year of the contract you get a COLA. At the end of the contract you stop getting COLA (unless it says otherwise). When you get the next contract you get retro/signing bonus that is supposed to pay for the COLA you were supposed to have. Ask any major pilot; the length of our pay scales is just another item in our contract that is sub standard. And it seems like most of us are ignorant about it.

Is this a big deal? Not really. There are bigger fish to fry in the QOL, pay, and retirement sections. I'm just pointing it out to let everyone know what they were taking about is not a concession.

If I have to take a penny less for my efforts, whether by longevity cap, or otherwise, it will be a big NO.
We need to stop the rot perpetuated by scumbag operators such as Blowjet and Bend over.
Eagle has begun to catch on. Good on them!

No way is a contract by the 21st a remote possibility, unless it's concessionary. Do you honestly think the company would be so eager if it were raises, or the status quo for their cost structure? Maybe they're just in a rush to implement dual qual and nuke vacation low?

Hey- I'm on reserve, and have sweated long and hard enough for the line holders to enjoy vacation low. So my message is this- don't think vacation low is going to put this place out of business. It's being paid for on my back, and on the back of every single reserve that gets abused relentlessly by ExpressJet. If you are a line holder, you get the days off in addition to your vacation block. As a reserve, if your week long block falls over golden days or days off, they're gone. I literally had a vacation month where I netted 12 days off for that month- no joke. No additional pay, barely any additional time off. This is vacation on reserve.

Last edited:
As a reserve, if your week long block falls over golden days or days off, they're gone. I literally had a vacation week where I netted 12 days off for that month- no joke. No additional pay, barely any additional time off. This is vacation on reserve.

that's horrendous. I had no idea.. that is a BRUTAL loophole. I would have pitchforks in Brad Holts office

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
No way is a contract by the 21st a remote possibility, unless it's concessionary. Do you honestly think the company would be so eager if it were raises, or the status quo for their cost structure? Maybe they're just in a rush to implement dual qual and nuke vacation low?

Hey- I'm on reserve, and have sweated long and hard enough for the line holders to enjoy vacation low. So my message is this- don't think vacation low is going to put this place out of business. It's being paid for on my back, and on the back of every single reserve that gets abused relentlessly by ExpressJet. If you are a line holder, you get the days off in addition to your vacation block. As a reserve, if your week long block falls over golden days or days off, they're gone. I literally had a vacation week where I netted 12 days off for that month- no joke. No additional pay, barely any additional time off. This is vacation on reserve.

You should know better...Newie and Roachie only care about themselves and their senior lifer buddies. Reserves and FOs mean nothing to these guys. They really don't care. Prefect example is the ready reserve grievance, don't you think if there was a grievance that had an effect on them or any other lifer we'd being hearing about in email/news blasts. Or they would of resolved it by now. This MEC will sell out the rest of the pilot group with a concessional contract just so they can protect the lifers. Ever ask Roachie a question during a ALPA lunch? If your an FO or a reserve Capt. he completely dismisses you. I've given up a long time ago.

Latest resources

Back