• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Portland ME, cool stuff to do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Espositos...........Italian for stupid tourist here. The place sucks! Some of the worste piasano food I've ever had. ( Their chicken marsala tasted like chicken McNuggets)!!!!! Dimilos same thing. Crap food.

3$ deweys has great burgers but if your looking for seafood go down to commercial street and look for the hole-in-the-wall seafood places.

The seafood in Maine should talk back while your cooking it. If its not, its just not fresh! :)

I have been going to Gritty's for years.

Gritty McDuff's Brew Pub
772-2739
396 Fore Street
www.grittys.com
Maine's original brew pub serving traditional pub fare and real ales brewed on premise.

RI RA Irish pub! Old brick building.... Just down the street from the Holiday Inn Harbour city.

ri ra's is a commercial bar. They've got one in btv.

Go to a real maine bar. Gritty's and 3 dollar deweys are the way to go.

Fore street is awsome food. Try the hanger steak is awsome. It's tough to get reservations.

To get a nice big fat bowl of chowder try gilberts chowder house right next to boones.

When i was a kid and went to boones you got a free hooker with every shoreman's platter.

AND NOW- FOr the best BBQ in PWM. Take the new bridge across to the westbrook side. On the other side of the inlet. Underneath of the bridge there is a BBQ joint called Beale Street BBQ. Just take a left at the bottom then another left and go under the bridge.

It's awsome.

Hey all, I used to live just up the road a little bit, in Bangor, ME......I think all the good places to go have been mentioned already----Grittys, The Back Bay Grill (Nice place), DiMillos is a definate tourist trap wiht average food nothing really worth visiting, Beale St BBQ is one of my favorites, and theres also a pretty good italian place in the old port thats underground....I cant remember the name of it, but I do recall it being fairly dark inside....anyone know what the name of it is?

And if anyones going to be in BGR, let me know, I know a lot more to do there....

If you would like GREAT pizza, The Flatbread Pizza Company next to RI RA's on the water is the best pizza I've probably ever had. Good beers and desserts too.

Mr I.

Go with Fore Street

CE402 has it right. Fore Street is the place if you want to take your wife somewhere special. Dinner for two will probably run you about $80 without alcohol. The mashed potatos are the best I've ever had, and I'm a connoisseur. I have non-pilot friends in Chicago who would go all the way to Portland just to eat there.

To all: Thanks for the info! I'll let you all know how it turns out.

By the way, we overnighted in BTV the other night and I had Long Trail for the first time. Very good beer!

I agree with CE402 and kybur, Fore Street is the real deal, the Boston Globe compares Boston area seafood restaurants with Fore St, as in "its seared scallops are as good as Fore St's"

Latest resources

Back