Popup?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Consigliere
I actually had a "popup" the other day! I was very impressed that we were airborne in under an hour from the time I got the call (coincidence the other pilot was at the hangar doing his "office" stuff).

Made me reminisce to those charter days (when we had to be airborne in under an hour), when everyday was a "popup". This is my second "popup" in seven years with this company.

So how long's it been since everybody's last "popup".

I've had two in 9 years. The first canceled while the pax were on their way to the airport. The second another crew took. In 15 years I had three. Before that was charter and we all know what thats like!

HMR had a pop-up trip. They called him last week for a 1100 a.m. departure today... :D ;) TC

Last night...

I had a popup last night, but fortunately my wife took care of it for me.

Office stuff

[(coincidence the other pilot was at the hangar doing his "office" stuff).

I remember the day's of doing "office stuff" wow was that lame. I would rather have "popups" and ZERO "office stuff". Remember, fly airplane, pick up check.

I had one on Thursday. It is my second in 6 months that I've been with this company.

I did welcome the popup though because it was my first trip into TEB. We hitched a cab into Manhattan and stayed at the Marriot in Times Square. Good times!!

stuckinGFK said:
I did welcome the popup though because it was my first trip into TEB. We hitched a cab into Manhattan and stayed at the Marriot in Times Square. Good times!!

The novelty of flying in to TEB will wear off after a year or so. Just the thought of it will kill the other type of "pop-up" matchthehatch was speaking of..

h25b said:
The novelty of flying in to TEB will wear off after a year or so. Just the thought of it will kill the other type of "pop-up" matchthehatch was speaking of..

Well I probably won't be out there with this company again. We don't really have business out there.

But I know what you mean, any place can get old.

stuckinGFK said:
Well I probably won't be out there with this company again. We don't really have business out there.

But I know what you mean, any place can get old.

I disagree... If you plan on being a corporate pilot, believe me, you'll end up there more than you can stand.

Latest resources

Back