• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Popup?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My first and only popup was last November. Got called up right as I was laying down to go to bed about 12:30am.

One of our top guys in the company had a daughter who had a sudden medical emergency at a college up north, and needed to get up their pronto. Four hours later he was walking off the airplane enroute to the hospital.

h25b said:
I disagree... If you plan on being a corporate pilot, believe me, you'll end up there more than you can stand.

I wasn't saying I'd never be out there again. I won't be with my current company for more than year or two, so I'm sure with another company I'll be out there plenty.

So why do you dislike it so much? Reason I could gather with my limited experience there would be

-too much traffic
-multiple airports in the area
-it is in NJ
-delays
-if there is weather, I think it could be a nightmare
-outrageous gas prices
-etc

All of the above and it's a pain in the arse trying to drive around there to get to or from a hotel.

All of the above...

My personal favorite is when they shut down departures over ELIOT and I get to play the old game of filing to an airport in an entirely different direction just to get of the ground.

I've been told when doing this that I can expect to actually have to land where I filed but never had them make good on that threat yet... :D

You guys gota learn the better things about NJ - stop hatin' TEB.

-Jersey chiks are freakin' hot.

-Jersey has great Italian food.

-gas prices? where you from bud? Jersey has the cheapest gas in the East. Even better, they pump it for you for no extra.

-RT 17? man you are missing out on a lot of fun if you dont drive it during rush hour..get a rental car, insurance, and get out there and have fun. It will make a man out of you Midwestern skirts.

- The Smell! hit Rt3 - NJ Turnpike South on a balmy summer afternoon with the windows down - priceless! even better - throw in a little aggressive driving and a tracotr trailer jackknife or two? again, an awesome adventure. Extra Special bonus is the "parkway" on a summer friday afternoon...."da shore" traffic is legendary.

New Jersey - we eat the weak.

:D

Gulfstream 200 said:
You guys gota learn the better things about NJ - stop hatin' TEB.

-Jersey chiks are freakin' hot.

-Jersey has great Italian food.

-gas prices? where you from bud? Jersey has the cheapest gas in the East. Even better, they pump it for you for no extra.

-RT 17? man you are missing out on a lot of fun if you dont drive it during rush hour..get a rental car, insurance, and get out there and have fun. It will make a man out of you Midwestern skirts.

- The Smell! hit Rt3 - NJ Turnpike South on a balmy summer afternoon with the windows down - priceless! even better - throw in a little aggressive driving and a tracotr trailer jackknife or two? again, an awesome adventure. Extra Special bonus is the "parkway" on a summer friday afternoon...."da shore" traffic is legendary.

New Jersey - we eat the weak.

:D

As long as nothing stands between me and the Sea Shack nothing else matters. Things are a bit more civilized over around Westchester.

Pop-up happen at our place every week. Take an incompetent scheduler, pilot understaffing, a boss that can't say no, and mix them all together. That is what you get, pop-up trips, not to mention that the regular schedule changes every 5 minutes.

h25b said:
The novelty of flying in to TEB will wear off after a year or so. Just the thought of it will kill the other type of "pop-up" matchthehatch was speaking of..

Wow you're generous man, I'd give it 6 months... tops :]

Spooky 2 said:
Five years.........three pop-ups.
BFI, Nice
BFI, Narita
BFI, Auckland

Spooky--There aren't going to be any pop-ups to PDX in a 6,000 nm airplane... :rolleyes: TC

Latest resources

Back