• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Poor Kit Darby had to sell his girlfriends car -yea right

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a pilot shortage! A shortage of pilots who haven't been previously employed and now can't find work!!

:rolleyes:

GVFlyer said:
It is difficult for me to generate much sympathy for Kit Darby. I have known Darby for many years and have a very low regard for him because he profits by preying on the hopes and dreams of pilots and engenders unrealistic expectations within them. One thing for sure, if Darby is doing it, it is about and for Kit Darby - if anyone else benefits it is purely coincidental.

GV

I can't "ditto" your entire qoute, because I don't know Mr. Darby. I will give a ditto to the part about his operation preying on the hopes and dreams of pilots.

Some say he provides a service, and I'm sure that they would be correct. If that was all he did, I'd have no beef. But in addition to providing a service, he is also a propagandist. I need only point to his continued claims of "airlines will hire 6000 new pilots this year" in almost every aviation publication. AirInc, is almost solely responsible for the misconception of a pilot shortage. In my opinion, in order to sell his service, Mr. Darby sold out truth for profitability.

I certainly feel for any pilot who achieved the brass ring, and now finds that the ring is tarnished. Even though I personally find Mr. Darbys propaganda offensive, I can't have anything but sympathy for his current situation in regards to United.

The reason Mr. Darby took a pay cut is that there is an overabundance of pilots. That is the fact, it is also a fact, that Mr. Darby's side business was a major factor in the current pilot supply. That my friends is irony.

enigma

Here is a bag of sh&%....open it, it doesn't smell. Believe me? Are you going to open it if you really think it is a bag of turds? NOOOOOOOOOO! There is an airline pilot stortage.....subscribe here and we will help you get a job is what Kit says in a round about way. Now are you going to throw your money at him in hopes for that job, or are you going to do a little research to see what he is all about? All Airinc does is provide you with the resources to go out and find a job, plain and simple. You join or you don't. Plain and simple. He either helps you or he doesn't. It's more than likely you screwed the pooch in the interview that didn't get you the job, not the ARINC info that prepared you for it.

Last edited:
mrvmo, if you were responding to me. I've already said that his service was valuable. I don't think anyone really disagrees with that statement. However, I don't think that we are talking about the value of his companies service. I think that we are talking about the irony of Kit Darby having to take a paycut and sell a car because of a pilot excess, when he was/is the number one propagandist for a pilot SHORTAGE.

Darby, is largely responsible for his own mess.

I fell for his C rap. Every flight instructor at my college read the monthly rag from FAPA (now AirInc). We had no other sort of access to the airline industry, and he never told the truth about the real state of the industry, which lead some of us, myself included, to pursue airline jobs instead of other aviation industry positions. Had I had a less skewed view, I would have made different choices. I made the choices, I accept responsibility, but I sure wish that the truth had been told. Any person who can continually send out press releases to the effect that thousands of pilots will be hired, and not include that many more thousands are furloughed, is NOT an honest person.

I still don't like it that he's now taken a pay cut. I not willing to cut off my nose just to spite his face.

enigma

enigma said:
I need only point to his continued claims of "airlines will hire 6000 new pilots this year" in almost every aviation publication. AirInc, is almost solely responsible for the misconception of a pilot shortage.

That's one of the most misleading statements our good friend Kit makes. He makes it sound like 6,000 new jobs were created instead of what it really is......normal turnover in the industry as pilots move from job to job.

Pilot hiring for 2003 promises to exceed 7,000, so prepare now! Let AIR, Inc. help you develop and implement a successful airline job search plan.

-Keep your airspeed up!

Kit Darby,
President and Publisher,
AIR, Inc

Latest resources

Back