Polygon Air in HPN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey FlightTraker,

I can't speak from personal experience, but I've heard that the Chief Pilot can be difficult to work with. They apparently don't pay their line pilots very well either (~$40-45k for an FO on a Lear 55 out of Westchester Co? $55k for a Captain? Are you kidding me?), nor do they get hard days off. Upgrade time is slow (24-36 months). The mx is apparently good, which is in their favor. Again, I've only heard this secondhand. A friend of mine got the same call you did a few weeks back and I checked around for him as I work out of HPN.

Regards,
Starsailor

I know the operation and I dont believe they would pay a Lear PIC 55K.

Do you know this as a fact?

You sure thats not a typed SIC?

Either way you certainly are not going to live in the area for 55K. (sleeping outside gets cold this time of year)

Gulfstream 200,

No, I don't know the operation, that's the point I failed to make.

My friend (who works for a regional) calls me up one day to ask me what I know about Polygon Air, as I have been working out of HPN for the last eight months. He had received a call from their CP asking if he'd like to come interview for a Lear 55 position.

I knew nothing, good or bad, about Polygon Air, but when I next went into work, I asked around. And my post above is much of what I got. The rest I got from my friend, who talked to the CP more extensively and was able to draw his own conclusions (i.e. not to leave his scheduled job where he makes around $42k for a job which had no schedule and paid the same). They had a minor salary discussion right then — what could he expect to make right off, in a couple years, when to upgrade, etc. All that I put above. Also he got into an argument with the CP over the phone, supporting the "difficult to work with" philosophy proposed when I asked around.

No, I don't know _any_ of this for a fact; I'm only going on trusting other's experiences with Polygon. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. Safe flying, all.

Regards,
Starsailor

Latest resources

Back