• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Do You like the new forum format?

• Yes, I like the aviation only format

Votes: 106 70.7%
  • No, I like all posts together, aviation and non-

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • I don't care. I don't like polls to begin with...

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C'mon guys, chill out for a second.

For cryin' out loud. It ain't gonna kill the board to start a new forum.

And some poor guy who's suffering with his girlfriend because of his job is right to post on the General Board because *that IS* an aviation topic.

Where else would he go to talk to others that've been down the same road?

And when an ALPA discussion turns into a Bush vs. Kerry debate, well, that's when it's time to close the friggin' thread. This is what moderators are for.

Look, as far as I'm concerned, I'm perfectly happy with the motto: Not interested, Don't look. But I must admit, I'm also pretty damm sick and tired of people using this website as a platform to advance their agendas.

So.

Abuse the board (in my eyes) and get segregated.

Play nice and talk airplanes and everyone can mingle.

The recent heat of this election year has proven some of us can't play nice. So go outside, is what I say.

I'm a pilot first when I come here.

When I go to other websites then I'm a music fan first, or a curious citizen first, or one who carves fresh fruit into provocative....um, I mean to say, I love to fly and that's why I come here so quit pissing on my parade.

I'm out.

Um..that's lightening up?

Posted by Mar: ".....C'mon guys, chill out for a second...it's time to close the friggin' thread...I'm also pretty damm sick and tired...I'm a pilot first when I come here...quit pissing on my parade..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo, Mar, that's some chill pill you took there. Alaska variety, heavily fortified.

Your point's noted. I just agree with Enigma/Timebuilder -- the navigation here is easier when you just pull up one menu and scroll to what you like or don't or whatever. We'll survive but no, it wasn't needed.

Turn the page, slap.

What can I say?

I'm a vulgar SOB.

It's in my blood. You should hear my little old grandmother.

Sorry. I'll try to clean it up a little.

:cool:

Thumbs up!

The forum reorganisation I like. The thread layout I don't.

Many, many threads now require L <--> R scrolling to read them when previously they'd wrap to fit the window width. The replies are now also interleaved with the member's info block which makes reading a thread more difficult. You wouldn't like reading a book if every paragraph had to be filtered through extraneous information separating them, would you?

Thanks for the opportunity to comment. :)

I suspect you are having issues with the wrap-around text because of your profile. I've noticed that those people who are, eh hem, "prolific" in their aircraft experience cause the threads they post on to wrap around. Try shortening it and see if it fixes the problem for you.

I'm also having a problem with scrolling L-R constantly for longer posts which is getting old. Otherwise the new format is great! Thumbs up!

The horiz scrolling should now be fixed.

Question for the nitpickers

How did this thread, which is nothing more than a cat fight over the "shape of the table" get to be "aviation" related?

Y'all are the classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Much a do about nothing.

Latest resources

Back