• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Do You like the new forum format?

• Yes, I like the aviation only format

Votes: 106 70.7%
  • No, I like all posts together, aviation and non-

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • I don't care. I don't like polls to begin with...

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New format

I like it, although some discussions, such as unions, going after an employer for back pay, etc., could be regarded as non-aviation topics.

Pilots discuss far more than just airplanes and flying. The new format gives those who want to discuss politics and religion a specific forum. Make for a cleaner presentation overall.

Yep..I like it.

Now if I want to read about aviation I come here......if I want to be saved I go the the religious thread.................

Notice where I am?

Maybe we could use a VD thread? :D

Cat Driver:

How about a thread for all of us heathens that are going to hell?

Fine the way it was...

First the demise of the old Pro Pilot board and now this. I didn't think it was broken and needed fixing. There's a lot of grey area subject matter that could go either way and I don't like the idea of a moderator making the call. As has been pointed out before, if you don't like the looks of the subject, don't read it.

Yes, I definitely like the new format better. Thanks to the moderators/administrator for all your efforts.

Regards

I don't really care, but being the contratian that I am:

What are you going to do when an aviation thread gets hijcked into a political thread? For example, ALPA recently endorsed John F-word Kerry for President. I haven't noticed it yet, but that legitimate AVIATION subject WILL turn into a non-aviation political war. Then what?

enigma

Eagleflip,

I like the new format. Is there a way to set a preference for searching new threads? For example, I'd like to be able to select "view new threads" on the home page and by default have the search leave out the "non-aviation chat" forum. Can we add this?

Thanks!

Re: Fine the way it was...

Birdstrike said:
First the demise of the old Pro Pilot board and now this. I didn't think it was broken and needed fixing. There's a lot of grey area subject matter that could go either way and I don't like the idea of a moderator making the call. As has been pointed out before, if you don't like the looks of the subject, don't read it.

Good reminder. What happened to the Propilot bbs when it went private? For those who didn't know, the Propilot bbs was sued by an idiot who didn't like being disagreed with; then it was shut down. Later, Captain Bob brought it back as a private, invite only bbs. The private bbs didn't last. It seems that there just wasn't much to talk about when everyone had their gloves on. Even Mar and I were courteous when discussing Liberal vs Conservative:D

I doubt that this board will wilt and die, but it's a shame that those who don't like certain subjects couldn't just choose to pass them over.

Now, who wants to discuss the finer points of the CFR's?

I didn't think so.

enigma

Hot $hit, we can start polls again????????? Wait till this gets out of control and the first 20 posts are always polls.

enigma said:
I don't really care, but being the contratian that I am:

What are you going to do when an aviation thread gets hijcked into a political thread? For example, ALPA recently endorsed John F-word Kerry for President. I haven't noticed it yet, but that legitimate AVIATION subject WILL turn into a non-aviation political war. Then what?

enigma

I suppose one large question is: how does one decide if a post is really an aviation post? Is ALPA "aviation" or is it more of a political organization? Maybe a forum just for the ALPA/RJ/negiotiations/lawsuits/etc item? Where does one draw the line, when a pilot union endorses a candidate? Should that thread be started in the new forum?

Like birdstrike said, it wasn't broken. What we had was an eclectic mix of things that pilots talk about. We all know that "aviation" often takes a backseat to all kinds of other conversation.

Latest resources

Back