Police warning!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Milkdud99

ok got a question... altho no aviation related... aor maybe i can make it aviation related..

What ever happened to people warning other drivers about cops on the road??? i passed at least 10 people on a road and no one signaled there was a cop ahead! People should definatly give a heads up to others!

ok now this is how it is aviation related! People should give a heads up on ramp checks!

Those jerks! How much did it cost you? Of course, they are probably the same people who like to drive with their brights on at night on the freeway...they seem to think that that 20' wide median means that it's OK and the drivers heading the opposite direction won't be bothered by their lights. They piss me off sumpin' fierce!

Milkdud99 said:
ok got a question... altho no aviation related... aor maybe i can make it aviation related..

What ever happened to people warning other drivers about cops on the road??? i passed at least 10 people on a road and no one signaled there was a cop ahead! People should definatly give a heads up to others!

ok now this is how it is aviation related! People should give a heads up on ramp checks!
Here's a novel idea. Just drive legally, and you won't even care where the cops are. It might also save your life, but more importantly, it might save my life or my kid's lives. But.....maybe that's just me........

i still do it kinda

as far as ramp checks, shouldnt you be legal to fly all the time??

in the netherlands EVERYONE flashes their lights if there is a cop ahead. In most other countries in europe all you have to do is send a SMS to the local radio station and you'll get the latest reports on the positions of the "radar" positions free of charge. Everyone reports them.

Gotta love it :)

I don't know about other states but it is illegal in Maryland to warn other drivers of police officers conducting speed enforcement. Even though Marylanders know this we still warn other drivers. I have nbo problem with people who want to drive fast, heck I do it myself. I don't tailgate but I do usually blink my lights once to get the driver ahead of me to move over. If the driver doesn't move over, I just relax and go the flow of traffic.

I have toned my driving down some because things that used to bother me no longer bothers me. One of the things that bothered me the most was when two cars would ride next to each other and neither car would speed up. I used to force my way in between them and go three wide. I used to like the look on their faces as I go by. It scared the crap out of them. Then once I am clear, they usually fall in line behind each other because they never know when another nut would try that again. I don't do that anymore because in Maryland aggresive driving is illegal and this would surely get me a ticket.

jarhead said:
Here's a novel idea. Just drive legally, and you won't even care where the cops are. It might also save your life, but more importantly, it might save my life or my kid's lives. But.....maybe that's just me........

You mean to tell me that you never drive even a bit over the speed limit?

I gotta agree with Jarhead here...

That cop has a job to do, and while that job may occasionally cause some inconvenience or expense to you, that job also involves protecting you and the people you care about.

Say you flash your lights to warn that oncoming car of a cop ahead. He slows down, passes the cop, then speeds back up and hits a pedestrian a mile down the road because of his .09 blood alcohol content. What if that pedestrian was your wife, son, mother, or best friend?
Suddenly it doesnt sound like such a good idea, does it?

Same goes for ramp checks. People may be getting on that pencil-whiped 421 on the ramp. People with very little aviation knowledge who trust that they will be flown in a safely maintained aircraft with a well trained and conscientious pilot. If their assumption is correct then a ramp check is a non-event.

If you dont want a ticket, slow down. That simple.

PCL_128 said:
You mean to tell me that you never drive even a bit over the speed limit?

We all drive a bit over the speed limit. "A bit" over wont get you stopped.

Latest resources

Back