Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar pilots - would you take me on the Jumpseat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Longhaul – a silly question to you…

Now that KLM is owned by AirFrance (I think?) - have they integrated your seniority lists or are they keeping the companies separate for now?

How do the two pilot groups get along? I mean it’s hard enough to get along with a “regular” Frenchman, I’d imagine getting along with an AirFrance pilot must be even harder?

What about all other labor groups at the two airlines? Are they happy/unhappy/content/pissed off? Then again, can a true Frenchmen ever be happy? ;)

yeah, how is the merger going. hopefully not as bad as the swissair/crossair and sas/braathens, etc mergers

Pretty sure you do - no cockpit doors on a freighter so it's the same as being on the flight deck of a pax carrier.

not entirely true. i know of at least one freight 121 company thats has the fancy 9-11 cockpit door, that i catch rides with and i am not cass.

The two airlines are operationally separate and almost nothing has changed since the merger, except that the combined company is making lots of money :) . We do not expect our flight operations to be merged in the near future; to do so would possibly jeopardize our rights under certain bilateral agreements. At AF, all of the manuals, training, etc., use the French language, which most of us do not speak, so that is another major issue. The next step would be for us to be able to fly eachother's aircraft while remaining amongst our own crews, but there are no plans to do that yet. The two pilot unions meet regularly and have established good relations, including an agreement to work together to stop the parent company from playing one off the other, should they try to do that. I can't say that I have ever really spoken to an Air France pilot, but I get along just fine with my two French brothers-in-law and my French neice and nephew, so I'm sure I'll get along with them, too, when the time comes.

I didnt see anything about CASS on the website. Just said FAA 121 and 135 carriers.

Would a foreign flag be a 121 or 135 operation? Is part 129 just a supplement of sorts to part 121 the same way 121/135 add to part 91?

Ideal curiosity on my part if anyone can give some insight.

Gemini...We had a BE1900 Air Canada commuter f/o on the jumpseat the other day from YYZ to FRA. I know we go through AMS about two or three times a week.

Latest resources

Back