Please vote NO on S.65!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roughneck

Now is the time to write your Congressmen and tell them to please vote NO for changing the AGE 60 Rule. Proposed Legislation (S.65)will be voted on Thursday. They are trying to change to law to allow Captains to fly to age 65. The law will require any Captain over 60 to be paired with an FO under 60. This law needs to stay as it is. Age 60 is the madatory retirement age and should stay that way. Below is a link to the Congressmen on the committee voting on this issue Thursday. Please write them and say NO!

http://commerce.senate.gov/about/membership.html

Why??

Personally, I'm OK with it. I'll need the extra five years to make up for the last four.

roughneck said:
Now is the time to write your Congressmen and tell them to please vote NO for changing the AGE 60 Rule. Proposed Legislation (S.65)will be voted on Thursday. They are trying to change to law to allow Captains to fly to age 65. The law will require any Captain over 60 to be paired with an FO under 60. This law needs to stay as it is. Age 60 is the madatory retirement age and should stay that way. Below is a link to the Congressmen on the committee voting on this issue Thursday. Please write them and say NO!

You've got your facts all wrong!

HR Diva

roughneck said:

You don't want to fly with grandpa?

Maybe the NWA and Delta guys think differently of this now?

SWA/FO said:
Maybe the NWA and Delta guys think differently of this now?

Like the ones that would be furloghed for 5 (approx) additional years? Or just the ones that had there cake and now want to eat it too? Or maybe the senior guys over at Delta that used to make 2-300k and were not able to save for retirement? Personally I look forward to 5 more years as an fo. Especially in a career that when times get tough you can always just eat the young?

alaskaplt said:
You don't want to fly with grandpa?

He might keep hitting on Grandma in the back.:puke:

Planning is easier said then done!

I did plan for retirement, after 39 years and several airlines, I retired comfortably. On January 1, the medical cost went from "0" to $350.00/month. Then on October 1, Delta cut my pension check by 93%, to $410. I assume by the end of the year, Delta will have retirees assume all medical insurance costs, probably to the tune of $800.00/month for me. When they terminate the pension plan, the $410.00 will go away. In 2001, a separate IRA I had lost 60%. I did get 1/2 of my lump sum though.
Don't tell me carefully planning equals security at the end of a career.

Latest resources

Back