• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please vote NO on S.65!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if a pilot can be PIC if he is over 60 until he is 65, provided that the FO is under 60. Is the guy under 60 going to get some 'compensation' for his new job requirement? Maybe the 64 year old will want to share some of his cash, since without the FO being under 60 airplane no fly. Or better yet maybe we could alternate legs, and salaries of course.

I am not sure who on earth wants this job past 60. However ALPA should be pushing to redefine the PBGC payout guidelines, medicare and SS rules if it is going to oppose age 60 extensions.

ferlo said:
The better question is "Why" didn't you prepare for retirement?
I am 39, my retirement is being taken care of by my financial planner. Hopefully things will work out.

I would be a fool to think that sometime over the next 21 years the age restriction will not be increased. We might as well just get it over with.

Exactly, Boeingman!!!

Boeingman said:
I am not sure who on earth wants this job past 60.
Agreed. I watched my old man fly long haul his last five years. He was a vegetable quite often on his days off despite being in good shape. Can't believe some of the big gutted fellas I see walking around today will do much better. Too each their own I guess. I wouldn't want this job to kill me by 65.

Based on most of the replies here it looks like it would be a moot point. Not too many pilots want to work past 60 so it should not affect that many if it were to pass.

roughneck said:
This law needs to stay as it is. Age 60 is the madatory retirement age and should stay that way.
great reasoning. Count me in!

Not.

The way things are going, I'm gonna need the extra 5 years of 401k just to be able to afford Saltines to gum on during retirment.

Why would I give a shiznit about making room for some dude to upgrade or come onto the seniority list. Shoulda got here sooner.

Latest resources

Back