Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V-STALL

The Resourcer!
Please take a moment today to remember those crewmembers, passengers, and people who lost their lives today five years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mach 80 said:
Why do people find it necessary to post the obvious?

Because it is not obvious. There are plenty of Americans who do not recognize the fact that our loss on 9/11 was due to the well planned attack of an enemy that wants to convert us to their religion at the point of gun, enslave or kill us. Remembering isn't enough, we have to resolve to defeat those who would kill us and never let another tragedy like 9/11 happen again.

defeat those who would kill us and never let another tragedy like 9/11 happen again

Well said!

Mach 80 said:
Why do people find it necessary to post the obvious?

Because some of us are positive people, and don't always have negative things to say and slam other users. It is a somber day for this nation and should be remembered accordingly.

usav8r said:
Because some of us are positive people, and don't always have negative things to say and slam other users. It is a somber day for this nation and should be remembered accordingly.

Agreed...Good point.

We should learn from our mistakes and honor the victims, but I am sick of hearing 9/11 stuff on TV. Personally, I think it's disgusting how we, the media mostly, have commercialized this national tragedy. What comes next year, greeting cards?

The scumbag terrorists have to be laughing at how much attention and air time we give their actions of 2001. In that way, we are rewarding them. Not only were they successful with their plot, they don't even need to advertise. We are doing it for them. It's only been five years and we have already given an incredible amount of focus to what they did by way of a movie, a mini-series and hundreds of hours of discussion on the news.

And I don't need a lecture on what happened, patriotism or anything like that. I watched the second tower fall on live tv, my wife just quit working in the towers 2-weeks before it happend and I have spent hundreds of hours in the skies over Iraq and Afghanistan looking for these worthless pieces of sh!t.

It's time to move on.

Alright. Flame on.

Last edited:
one of the things that truely bothers me is how MANY people have changed 9/11 into an excuse to push their political agenda. Listening to the radio driving into work, all I heard about was how the Democrats are horrible, trying to let this happen again, etc. The people who died on 9-11 were Liberal, conservative and everything in between. I understand that each side has valid points, but this isn't the time for politics. we should respect the thousands who died that day five years ago not to bicker, but instead show respect

On approach to runway 11 @ EWR last night I got a great view of the light beams were the towers used to stand, awesome sight!!

Fins Up said:
We should learn from our mistakes and honor the victims, but I am sick of hearing 9/11 stuff on TV. Personally, I think it's disgusting how we, the media mostly, have commercialized this national tragedy. What comes next year, greeting cards?

The scumbag terrorists have to be laughing at how much attention and air time we give their actions of 2001. In that way, we are rewarding them. Not only were they successful with their plot, they don't even need to advertise. We are doing it for them. It's only been five years and we have already given an incredible amount of focus to what they did by way of a movie, a mini-series and hundreds of hours of discussion on the news.

And I don't need a lecture on what happened, patriotism or anything like that. I watched the second tower fall on live tv, my wife just quit working in the towers 2-weeks before it happend and I have spent hundreds of hours in the skies over Iraq and Afghanistan looking for these worthless pieces of sh!t.

It's time to move on.

Alright. Flame on.

You are correct - from one guy who spent hundreds of hours over ____stan to another..you are right.

They are laughing at our idiotic movie stars who protest...they are laughing at our dirty laundry we air on public TV...they are laughing at lots of things....but Id rather them be sitting inside laughing - makes it easier for the GPS guided weapon to do some damage.

Latest resources

Back