Please, someone tell me this is BS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyChicaga said:
Here's an idea: Wear what you are comfortable and confident in. THAT will make the difference. Not the color of your suit.
I think I'll wear my birthday suit. I'm very comfortable in it and it's a nice color (albeit with a few wrinkles from all the college drinking).

FracCapt said:
I don't think that works in all cases....I doubt I would get most jobs if I showed up in what I am comfortable and confident in.....shorts, t-shirt(usually with a phrase that some schmuck will consider derogatory), and sandals(usually my trusty 8 year old Tevas).. ;)

Hippie!! :D

This got started as the recommended attire for Delta interviews. It was more a matter of seeing that you had done some reserarch into preferences before the interview than a fashion statement.

I can't remember the name of the chief pilot recruiter back then but his son is there today, wore a blue suit and red tie.

I wore my FlightSafety IP uniform to my ASA interview...it worked fine.

(No, I'm not kidding. They interviewed sixteen of us...all of us got hired...and we were all in our "Hero from Vero" suits.)

Why not apply to a regional just to go to the interview and have some fun with it.

Show up in some kind of whacked snake skin boots, leather pants, wallet with a big chain and a fish net t-shirt. Some kind of appropriate and relevant hat and a ton of gaudy turquoise bling, would really round out the costume.

The NWA interview had you wearing a dark suit with a red tie. Everybody looked the same, it's kinda funny.

You've got enough stuff going through your mind at an interview than to worry about if you are total GQ with the suit. I feel as long as you look nice, what does it matter? If they want to play fashion games with you, then it's not the place to be anyway.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back