• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please, someone tell me this is BS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait a second.....someone wore something other than a navy blue suit and a red power tie? BLASPHEMY!

I got hired in my fathers Zoot Suit hand-me-down. But then again, im also getting furloughed from the same airline 5 yrs later.

You see this suit neurosis in interview websites all the time. That first job interview is the hardest, and candidates tend to be neurotic about it; focusing on the wrong things.

Interview experts suggest a dark suit with a bright tie for any interview (not just aviation) merely because it's sure to project a professional appearance. There's no magic to it.

A few years ago, when airlines were hiring like mad, many people fell into this "blue suit hysteria" because they feared that airlines were looking fur ANY reason to single someone out of 100 equal candidates. If you wore grey and everyone else wore blue, then you stood out. In my experience, and in that of many airline interviewers I know, they don't even notice the color of your suit as long as you look professional. However, many pilots show up at the interview, realize they're the only one wearing grey, and put themselves at a psychological disadvantage because they feel uncomfortable. Then they tank the interview.

They don't tank because the interviewer didn't like the suit; they tank because they felt at a disadantage and didn't perform 100%. But they blame the suit.

FDJ2 said:
I wore a nice green suit at my interview and got hired and that's no B.S. It was a very nice suit, it just wasn't the standard color. At the end of the day, they hire you, not your suit.

Yes but that was Delta.... Who did you know, who knew Plato?

Or better....

Do you Fly Song?

Just kidding....

Last edited:
No joke:

I interviewed at ASA with a $12 suit I found that morning from the local thrift shop down in Morrow.

Reason:

My overnight bag did not make it the day before. The suit was gray and looked great!! I wore it to a wedding last year too!!!

Lots of bang for the buck.

Remember: Let these airlines impress YOU for a change!!!!! Not the other way around.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back