Please, someone tell me this is BS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Why not apply to a regional just to go to the interview and have some fun with it.

Show up in some kind of whacked snake skin boots, leather pants, wallet with a big chain and a fish net t-shirt. Some kind of appropriate and relevant hat and a ton of gaudy turquoise bling, would really round out the costume.

Why not just wear leiderhosen and a top hat and cane? With little elf boots with bells on the tip? Or, go to pimpdaddy.com and shop for your attire.

Interview Suit...

Attended quite a few airline/corporate interviews...offered position with four. 3 out of those four interviews, there was a person who wore something completely different. One guy from, I think FL, wore brown pants, Checkered jacket, brown tie, and Blue shirt with brown cowboy boots. He was presentable, but looked completely different than the rest of us all clad in dark suits, white shirts and blue or red ties (say NO to red – the SO-CALLED power color...in who's definition).

This guy from FL had solid qualifications and experience and he got the job (even though he chose to go to a different airline – he’s now flying for Alaska).

At one Midwest airline, there was this women who wore pink suit…yep…pink…we couldn’t believe what she was wearing…and well…it was more like our jaws dropped…shock would be a more appropriate word…we really thought she mistook this room for some other interview…but, guess what…she flew right seat in a Citation, very nice to talk with, great sense of humor, fine personality and made friends rapidly…and had awesome qualifications…she got the job…

So, I don't believe that wearing gray, or taking the left seat, etc matters...be yourself, know what’s expected (interview gouge), and do the best. There was once a guy in my interview who had not realized that he had a cut while shaving that morning and his collar was drenched in blood; didn’t realize it until someone pointed out in the interview room, he talked with the personnel asking to reschedule, the encouraged him to stay, he did. He went through the whole process…and got the job.

My concern, lately, is about what I have been hearing about the log books…there are those who say it’s OK to bring your notebook to the interview and those who say you don’t stand a chance if you do. I’d like to hear what others have to say about it…especially personal experiences. I don’t intend to continue keeping the paper logbook once this one is completed (seven pages to go).

My 2 cents…

Bunny

jetexas said:
Why not just wear leiderhosen and a top hat and cane? With little elf boots with bells on the tip? Or, go to pimpdaddy.com and shop for your attire.
Or come dressed in a "pants suit" and tell them that as soon as you get on their medical plan, you're going to get a sex change operation?

densoo said:
And don't forget the DAL psychological eval.

And this is really important: pick the rocking chair to sit in but don't rock!

Back when I interviewed at Comair in '98 I was really ignorant about proper interview attire. All I had on was a pair of khaki's with a pair of loafers and a white dress shirt with some cheap wal-mart tie and no sport coat (seriously). When I got to the interview I almost broke out into a cold sweat because everybody else had the "standard" navy blue suit and some variation of a red tie. I'm not saying I looked like a slob but I definitely felt out of place. Apparently the interviewers could have cared less what I was wearing because I was still offered the job. Had to turn it down though because at that time they wanted $11,000 for training and I was just a poor CFI.

Bottom line is don't get too hung up on what you wear. Just make sure you look nice and professional.

Yeah, um, I wore a grey pinstripe suit with a white shirt and red tie...I stuck out like a sore thumb, but I got the job. Of course, I also got furloughed from the same job. I wore the SAME suit to my interview at SkyWest AND forgot my BLACK socks(it was a rush interview...but I guess I still didn't have an excuse). I still got the job(by the skin of my teeth...but that was due to prep, NOT the suit.

RELAX

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back