Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please help! In the first years of your career, did you ever...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
best of luck with the film....and sifting through the BS on this thread.

Year one wages per my social security statement was $19,000. As for hourly payrates, typically whatever your rate is, roughly that multiplied by 1000 is your yearly salary. Subtract $2000 though for crashpad dues, not to mention food while away from home- which is never cheap. only thing we save on is gas money for not driving to work 5 times a week.

Did mom tell you, son

I think we found Pilot Yip's illegitimate son, conceived with a stripper.
Kalifornia, she promised she wouold never tell you I was your father. BTW My first years in flying, I lived on $500/mo, lived with my wife in a $65/mo furnished garage, those were wonderful years. My employer the US Navy.

Last edited:
Nevermind

Started at $around $14.00 per flight hour. Qualified for food stamps the first two years. Took around 4 years to break $30,000. Eight years to make it to a major airline. Within two years at a major, lost my pension, took around 40% pay cuts, gave up a lot of other things. I see managements pay and bonus does not match the pain the others have had to bear. What a surprise.

We as a union did this to ourselves...While entry level pilots made poverty level wages.....Senior widebody pilots worked 10 days a month for 300K and 180K in retirement....We took from the new guys to give to the senior folks....We did it to ourselves...

A more sensible approach would have been to raise the entry level and lower the top end....Like most other professions...

We did it to ourselves...Nobody to blame but ourselves.....

We as a union did this to ourselves...While entry level pilots made poverty level wages.....Senior widebody pilots worked 10 days a month for 300K and 180K in retirement....We took from the new guys to give to the senior folks....We did it to ourselves...

A more sensible approach would have been to raise the entry level and lower the top end....Like most other professions...

We did it to ourselves...Nobody to blame but ourselves.....

Joe, please don't take it personally, but your misuse and abuse of ellipses in EVERY POST just drives me batty. Let me introduce you to the comma and period. It's a beautiful thing:

We as a union did this to ourselves. While entry level pilots made poverty level wages, senior widebody pilots worked 10 days a month for 300K and 180K in retirement. We took from the new guys to give to the senior folks; we did it to ourselves!

A more sensible approach would have been to raise the entry level and lower the top end, like most other professions.

We did it to ourselves. Nobody is to blame but ourselves!

There. You look like a polished professional now!

Latest resources

Back