Please Explain the NJA Gateway System?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tripacer

I was just wondering if someone that flies for NetJets, could explain the gateway system?

I know it will change with the next contract. But for example, do most NJA pilots who don't live in a gateway city have to move to one, or does the company work with you and fly you out of your home (assuming there is commercial airline service?) I live in Houston and the closest for me would be DAL. Would I need to move to DAL ?

Also, once you claim a gateway city, can you change gateways at anytime or is there some sort of seniority bid or preference system you have to work thru?

Thanks in advance for your time in answering these question and I appreciate any info you can pass along.

???

gunfyter said:
Yes that is an accurate depiction of the current rumour... however the part you left out about 10% paycuts...

I can confirm that isnt true. we are committed to keeping the pay just like it is now... about 50% of ProPilot salary survey averages ... so don't worry.

I am curious -- what do you think the pay will be? 50% of propilot salary? Is that just 50% of the listed propilot survey? That is low, isn't it?

hmmm.... one other question --- if you were considering coming over there but, you have the potential to go to major corporation that has a nice flight department with retirement and a pretty good schedule, what would you do?

I am wanting to know what you think that salaries are going to be like and what the schedules are going to be?

Gateway

Griz - under the rumored system I don't think they have to live at the RCA but just be there by 0001 on day 1 or 1000 or whatever it will be under 91k. :)

Latest resources

Back