Please advise AVOLAR telephone questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AA191

There are many posts on here about AVOLAR, and that is good. However, can someone PLEASE respond as to the initial questions that us pilots are being asked for the first telephone interview?

Please advise in this post as to what questions you had on the telephone interview!!

Thank You,
AA191

Avolar phone deal..

AA191,
Unless it has changed, all you should expect is anywhere from 60-90 minutes of questions about YOU!!!!!! There should'nt be anything related to aviation, this is a non-aviation related company doing the screening, not AVOLAR!!!! It's very long and intensive, like are you a leader, or a follower, Ok, you're a follower, tell me how you lead. Tell me an example of how you helped a co-worker away from work? It's recorded, and they can only repeat the question, not elaborate on it!! The longer you take with the answer, the longer the WHOLE process will take, so be brief, but get the message across..hope this helps....

And be

And be gosh darn (tried to use the d word and it censored it...lol) happy you got the call in the first place.

Humble

It's very laid back. All the posts that I have read concerning the phone interview are exactly right. Don't expect anything big or something you can't answer. The questions are the typical HR interview questions about How you maintain your cars, Are you a leader, What type of person would your parents want you to be.
ETC...

They ask the same question in about 5 different ways so make sure you don't try to B.S. the question. Just be honest.

Good luck!

Hope this helps. Just got a PM from an A+ guy who posts here. He said phase 2 is with the CP and an HR type followed by a basic sim ride. Q's were not technical in nature but more towards your personality. Still no idea about how long the wait is from the phase 1 phone call.
Gumby, if you're still out there, shed a little light for us please.

Rice

Remember, Live by the gouge, Die by the gouge!!;)

A+..Phase 2

I would have to agree on all the comments. It should last about 90 mins..all total. The sim-ride is pretty standard. They are wanting to get to know you, and make sure that they are getting the right people!! I'm sure they are staying away from the furloughed guys that want to jump back to the airlines, when things pick up. The guys that have corp. exp. are still having an advantage..

Just completed phase 1 interview on the phone. Mine lasted about 55 minutes total. I was a little caught by surprise when they called about 20 minutes early, so keep that in mind when you are given a time. The experience was very positive and very relaxing. As mentioned previously in this forum, it is purely a personality type interview. I was told a response could come as soon as 3 weeks for phase 2, pending the phase 1 evaluation. Good Luck!

Just got the call for phase 2! Took only about a week and the next Int. is set up for the near future. Lots of info passed out in this call, will post that AFTER phase 2 complete. Sorry but I don't want to put out to many specifics and tick off the powers that be. Besides if you got the call you probably know what I know anyway. AA191, don't stress!! Phase 1 call is just like evgeryone has said. They are personality Q's and you can't practice for them, just to many Q's asked too many ways. Be yourself!! Lead by example kind of answers, Q's about loyalty, integrity, customer service, introvert vs. extrovert etc. Good Luck all!

Rice:cool:

Latest resources

Back