• Friendliest aviation community on the web
The NTSB has released the preliminary report:
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20051012X01621&key=1

NTSB Identification: ATL06LA003
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Saturday, October 08, 2005 in Monterey, TN
Aircraft: Grumman F6F, registration: N4994V
Injuries: 1 Fatal.

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.
On October 8, 2005 at 1633 central daylight time, a Grumman F6F Corsair, N4994V, registered to Air Museum, and operated by the Airline Transport Pilot, collided with power lines, fell to the groung and burst into flames during cruise flight in Monterey, Tennessee. The business flight was operated under the provisions of Title 14 CFR Part 91, and visual flight rules. Instrument meteorological conditions prevailed and no flight plan was filed for the trip to Little Rock, Arkansas. The pilot received fatal injuries and the airplane sustained substantial damage. The flight originated in Sevierville, Tennessee, on October 08, 2005, at an undetermined time.

Witnesses driving on I-40 stated that the ceiling was low and the visibility was poor when the airplane was seen flying over the Interstate. The airplane continued along I-40 and then struck a power line and collided with the ground at about Interstate mile marker 295. Witnesses telephoned the 911 operator and reported the accident.

Grumman F6F Corsair....

good lord the NTSB can't even get it right these days.

Fury220 said:
...so maybe you're not a total douche after all, eh? :) Just kidding...I'm glad we can all kiss and make up. :beer:
Every silver lining has a dark cloud.:nuts:

Latest resources

Back