Plane lands on highway in TN....pilot killed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyline said:
First of all I had no idea that there are 350 mustangs still out there. I have been flying for 20 years and have only seen one.

That's because they're not in all the museums your going to, they're out flying at airshows.. :)

Get out of the museum and go see an airshow man..

I saw a P-51, A-10, F-16 and F-4 do a flight together last weekend.. Something to see.... Also caught a P-51, F-15, P-47 and A-10 fly a few months ago.. The sweetest thing about watching those 4 fly together is that as they fly by, the loudest bird of the bunch is the merlin powered one. :)

Heck, if you have $1,500 you can get an hours flight in a P-51.. :)

Air Shows

Tram,

I live in the Northwest and we don't really have any airshows like that. We only have one museum and it has a corsair. I have only seen a B-17 one time.

Skyline

Ahh.. You need to make plans to attend Oshkosh one year.. :)

Yeh, Reno is something to see.. I was there in 2003 when Dago broke 500 but they DQ'd him for having a team member out of the member box or something stupid like that.. :)

Tram said:
Yeh, Reno is something to see.. I was there in 2003 when Dago broke 500 but they DQ'd him for having a team member out of the member box or something stupid like that.. :)

Dago was DQ'd last year ('04) for cutting a pylon by a huge margin, it was close to a quarter mile if I remember correctly. It was still one of the best races I've seen though. This year was kind of lame, at least it was for the Unlimited Gold.

I was there in '03 when the "records" were set, but I don't remember that incident.

If you'd like to have a go at Reno yourself, Dago Red is for sale- on Ebay!

I was at Reno in '02 (?) when the Miss Ashley II was lost. It was a bad set of circumstances. There was nothing the pilot could have done. One had to wonder about the engineering they did on that plane, though. It was a scratchbuilt Mustang fuselage with a clipped Learjet wing, running on a Rolls-Royce Griffin V-12.

Yeh, they took his record in 03' for something silly about a pit crew member.. Thus why the records were not "offcial."

Latest resources

Back