• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane in a ditch at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the plane lost all nose wheel steering and all braking..photos of the plane in the mud show full right rudder deflection too..and the pilots aren't getting fired...still glad we don't have alpa

Good news for the pilots. What has to fail in order for the steering and brakes to fail simultaneously? Did they have a total hydraulic failure?

I find that very difficult to believe. They would have to simultaneously have malfunctions of hydraulic systems 2 AND 3 and the backup accumulators for the emergency brake, and nosewheel steering. What are the chances of that?

I find that very difficult to believe. They would have to simultaneously have malfunctions of hydraulic systems 2 AND 3 and the backup accumulators for the emergency brake, and nosewheel steering. What are the chances of that?
Wouldnt you have to turn off the anti skid for the 6 emergency brake applications?

I wasn't there but my buddy was right behind them (in a plane with a chicken on the tail) and when he told me what happened all he could say was that it happened really fast. Who knows what failed but think how quickly an aircraft could depart the paved surface of a taxiway if an immediate 90 degree turn happened. Maybe it was one failure but things happened too fast for them to stop on the concrete. A single failure of the nosewheel steering has been known to cause problems like this on more than one type of aircraft. It sucks but doesn't mean that the crew is at fault.

BTW, been drinking tonight so this might make no sense at all

I think everyone needs to watch the Dave Chappelle episode of the KKK leader divorcing his wife and finding out he's black. That is a funny one!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back