• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane down in FL keys - 2 dead, 2 missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah, they do fly N65982. good lord... there goes Epic's perfect safety record. damn it all...

I flew fire patrol several seasons in a '77 Hawk XP. 195hp cont. 210 for 5 min (2700 rpm). Strong climber and smooth with the 6 cyl. engine but only 7-8 kts faster than a normal C172. Good in the mountains and I thought it would be a good candidate for amphibs.

rd

the accident has since appeared on the FAA website for incidents and accidents. still don't know anything yet. i'm supposed to fly at 7, i'll ask around. also, i found out today that N9577Z is going up to SC to get new skin put on due to the hail damage, then they're fitting it with the diesel. the R model won't be available for months. dammit.

i just talked to the girl who dispatched the plane. it wasn't a student, just a renter. and there are 4 dead. she didn't give any more details, but she's had to talk to the NTSB and give statements and stuff. comes at a bad time for Epic b/c that puts now 4 or 5 planes that are sidelined or lost. gonna be a cut-throat time trying to get a plane. guess that's why i go at 6:30am tomorrow.... *shudders*

cforst513 said:
i just talked to the girl who dispatched the plane. it wasn't a student, just a renter. and there are 4 dead. she didn't give any more details, but she's had to talk to the NTSB and give statements and stuff. comes at a bad time for Epic b/c that puts now 4 or 5 planes that are sidelined or lost. gonna be a cut-throat time trying to get a plane. guess that's why i go at 6:30am tomorrow.... *shudders*

damm those people for going ahead and crashing and dying...and messing up the flight school schedule.

good thing it was just a renter.

don't put words in my mouth, gulfstream. i was stating it was "just" a renter for the few people on this thread who are or were a part of Epic and so that they know that we didn't lose any colleagues. and all i was saying was that for epic, right now, when it rains, it pours. stop inferring and twisting my words around, please. how dare you make it look like i don't care that those poor people died. believe me, i'd rather fly at 6:30 every morning if it meant 4 families weren't shattered. don't be an ass.

cforst513 said:
don't put words in my mouth, gulfstream. i was stating it was "just" a renter for the few people on this thread who are or were a part of Epic and so that they know that we didn't lose any colleagues. and all i was saying was that for epic, right now, when it rains, it pours. stop inferring and twisting my words around, please. how dare you make it look like i don't care that those poor people died. believe me, i'd rather fly at 6:30 every morning if it meant 4 families weren't shattered. don't be an ass.

re-read what you wrote. In public.

I didnt twist your words one bit. I guess I did interpret them wrong though. I apologize.

It came across as you worrying about some south FL dip$hit flight school losing its perfect "safety record" and this crash hindering your ability to schedule aircraft this week.

again, guess I read it wrong.

At the flight school I used to work at, after spending a lot of time with sstudents and developing friendships, a lot of time with became renters. The person that cleans the restroom at McDonald's shouldn't be considered "just the janitor". Everyone is just as important than the next guy. As far as the place being a plane short, that should be the least of one's worries after something like this hitting so close to home. It's not ALL about you Dude!

Latest resources

Back