• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane crashes into NYC building!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SiuDude scored one here. I heard 1 report that he had 75 TT, and everybody else is reporting 400TT. The PLANE had 400TT. Not the pilot. Anybody see the article in Plane and Pilot this month asking about primary students (and low time pilots?) in the Cirrus? So, if he got his private in the 2005 172SP in the video and got the ticket in 45 hours, that is about a possible 30 hours he would have in the SR 20.

Another bone to pick...Miles. "This is the best-selling blah-blah-blah." He mentioned that it had all the bells and whistles. BUT Miles was talking about his 22. As the spec sheet shows, this is a 4 year old model with no traffic or wx. ALSO, everybody is talking about the chute (the black boxes were beat to a pulp in another thread-'nuff said). Isn't the min altitude 2000 AGL or so and less that 133 KIAS for a successful deployment. That won't help for a spin in the pattern or a low altitude corridor.

Two things are true right now:
1) We know less than the NTSB folks on the ground.
2) The press knows/understands flying less than an....ostrich. (Trying to stay clean.)

This was a tragedy because somebody who obviously had a passion for flying is dead. How about focusing on that?

I just get over-torqued because the "experts" convince the public to fear a 152 because somebody MIGHT pack it with 50 lbs of HE and... How about a RYDER truck, you idiots! That can carry a heck of a lot more! There is a self-proclaimed CNN Security Analist ;-) named Pat "the Blueberry Pin Stripe Pimp" D'Amuro talking to Anderson Cooper. It's Bob Arnot all over again!! "The little planes don't have to files the blessed flight plan!!" I think it's Boss Daley in a costume.

Ok...ENOUGH!! If I keep watching this, I'll shoot my tv. I like my tv.

Dear GOD they are talking about Munson in 79. Wasn't that a Citation?!?

Idiots.......

Last edited:
First of all my condolences to the families involved.

Secondly, I had the bad judgement to watch that Junior Stay Puft Marshmallow man Chris "Fathead" Matthews, host of NoHardBall(s) going on about "why do they let these general aviation planes fly so close to the city?" asking some rent-an-analyst about it, to which Mr. Analyst replies "Well for political reasons....and lobbying efforts by pilot groups....this has prevented this -- what I believe is a -- necessary step from being implemented" (referencing shutting GA out of the NYC area ala Wash DC). To which Fathead replies "Well yeah, privelege has a voice"

Oh yeah Mr. Man O' the People who has a friggin house on Nantucket where the median house price is 1.4 Large. Thats just what the victims of this crash would want to hear about -- more restrictions on GA....nice tribute to them. Man did I want to dope slap that idiot.

Raising my glass to the two lost pilots today and praying for their families. I'm out.

Last edited:
Jim Tillman...the voice of reason.

If I remember, he was still flying heavies for UAL in Chicago and doing the weather on the NBC station there WAY back when.

ATTN: Anderson Cooper and CNN
Fire all the talking heads and keep Jim's number on speed dial.

21 firefighters went to the hospital over this crash.

21 firefighters went to the hospital over this crash.

Actually, another article said 11 firefighters...there's so many stories with so much different information that it is hard to keep track.

Cory Lidle and his flight instructor were the only ones killed in the crash. At least 21 people were hurt, mostly firefighters

SiuDude scored one here. I heard 1 report that he had 75 TT, and everybody else is reporting 400TT. The PLANE had 400TT. Not the pilot. Anybody see the article in Plane and Pilot this month asking about primary students (and low time pilots?) in the Cirrus? So, if he got his private in the 2005 172SP in the video and got the ticket in 45 hours, that is about a possible 30 hours he would have in the SR 20.

Another bone to pick...Miles. "This is the best-selling blah-blah-blah." He mentioned that it had all the bells and whistles. BUT Miles was talking about his 22. As the spec sheet shows, this is a 4 year old model with no traffic or wx. ALSO, everybody is talking about the chute (the black boxes were beat to a pulp in another thread-'nuff said). Isn't the min altitude 2000 AGL or so and less that 133 KIAS for a successful deployment. That won't help for a spin in the pattern or a low altitude corridor.

Two things are true right now:
1) We know less than the NTSB folks on the ground.
2) The press knows/understands flying less than an....ostrich. (Trying to stay clean.)

This was a tragedy because somebody who obviously had a passion for flying is dead. How about focusing on that?

I just get over-torqued because the "experts" convince the public to fear a 152 because somebody MIGHT pack it with 50 lbs of HE and... How about a RYDER truck, you idiots! That can carry a heck of a lot more! There is a self-proclaimed CNN Security Analist ;-) named Pat "the Blueberry Pin Stripe Pimp" D'Amuro talking to Anderson Cooper. It's Bob Arnot all over again!! "The little planes don't have to files the blessed flight plan!!" I think it's Boss Daley in a costume.

Ok...ENOUGH!! If I keep watching this, I'll shoot my tv. I like my tv.

Dear GOD they are talking about Munson in 79. Wasn't that a Citation?!?

Idiots.......

Nice post!

The ATL local rag the AJC, also known as the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation and Al Jezeera Constitution had two pages about it. NOT one single word about the instructor other than "the flight instructor". No name or family info, nothing about him at all. Just paragraph after paragraph about the pitcher and the last page with the "witness's" who saw all sorts of "acrobatics", "zooming up and down", "on fire", "sounded to me like a truck gearing down".
All experts.....

The coast guard just released a video from one of their cameras. Shows the plane crashing into the building. Saw it on Headline news @ 930.

Latest resources

Back