• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane crashes into NYC building!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love listening to shnitt on 970 wfla in tampa he has the dumb*** named Cigar Dave. Guy is a real ******************************, talking about how NY is a Class B airspace and its like a upside down wedding cake. That the reason Cirrus put chutes on their plane was because of a midair the founders had in a airplane years ago NOT the certification issue with stall/spin. LOL Idiots

CNN saying student and instructor on board. Yankees are saying it was Cory Lidle. Sounds like they were doing the Hudson River VFR corridor. Never done it, but I know it circles around the Statue of Liberty which is what the news is saying he did. Might not ever know what really happened. Considering the size of the fire I would say it had a lot of fuel on board. But who knows.

Is it just me,or does it seem like a lot of cirrus's crash?

According to an article I read recently, yes. More accurately, they are crashed by pilots with the money to buy them, but apparently not the time to get much training or proficiency.

The article was in Aviation Safety and has found that Cirruses are going down at the same rate as Cessnas and Pipers in relation to the number of planes flying. Their conclusion: you can make the planes better, but you still can't make pilots any safer if they don't choose to be.

Condolences to the families.

FN FAL your are a Jack ass

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=sports&id=4650944

Lidle discussed the plane crash of John F. Kennedy Jr. and how he had read the accident report on the National Transportation Safety Board Web site. Lidle, acquired from the Philadelphia Phillies on July 30, told The New York Times last month that his four-seat Cirrus SR20 plane was safe. "The whole plane has a parachute [that can be deployed in the event of emergency] on it," Lidle said. "Ninety-nine percent of pilots that go up never have engine failure, and the 1 percent that do usually land it. But if you're up in the air and something goes wrong, you pull that parachute, and the whole plane goes down slowly."

The twin-engine plane came through a hazy, cloudy sky and hit the 20th floor of The Belaire -- a red-brick tower overlooking the East River, about five miles from the World Trade Center -- with a loud bang, touching off a raging fire that cast a pillar of black smoke over the city and sent flames shooting from four windows on two adjoining floors.Large crowds gathered in the street in the largely wealthy New York neighborhood, with many people in tears and some trying to reach loved ones by cell phone.
:eek:

So in addition to making a pointless, tasteless political jab in a thread about a plane crash you misspell a third grade spelling word?

Yeah, I'm almost as dumb and heartless as the president.
:nuts:

CE

Latest resources

Back