• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane crash Aspen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So do those that circle to 33 make a right - hand pattern? I can't imagine a left downwind/base - it seems you would be snagging skiers off of the lift.

I think I saw a dash do it
Once and if I recall it was a right downwind to 33.

When I lived in PHX I airlined to ASE on Sky West. I woke up to a radical dive through a broken layer to circle to 33. Oh what fun, and I would never do that in a jet.

Republic tried to operate 190's into ASE before the FAA said ******************** no!

I circled many times in the Bravo about 8 years ago. Right traffic and a non event. Looks intimidating, but you have more room then you would expect. I watched a BA146 circle a few time as well.

I've landed on 33 also in a Lear 45. Not something for the faint of heart, new to type or with poor stick and rudder skills...etc

Yeah, I've done it in the Lear 60 at ASE. (In 2001-2002)

Sure seemed safer then bucking a hefty tailwind. (Used to be fairly common I thought? I just figured the locals complained about the noise and they quit?)
(And yes, it was circle East for a right downwind)

Also, I have never encountered a fixed wing aircraft that had other than a 10 knot tail wind limit? (Uh-60 Blackhawk, different story!)

Last edited:
Never did it in the actual aircraft but I remember doing the circle to 33 in the ce680 initial and recurrent for the stick and rudder.May have been the instructors favorite demo or something.

I circled many times in the Bravo about 8 years ago. Right traffic and a non event. Looks intimidating, but you have more room then you would expect. I watched a BA146 circle a few time as well.

I am pretty sure I saw a 146 do it also.

I saw a B-52 do it...with just 7 engines!

Latest resources

Back