Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plan A,b,c What Will Airtrans Next Move Be?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep... Bubba Dog.. Id be worried as hell. We just nearly doubled last years profit.. Oh my god, the end of airtran is near.. Looks like I better apply at USair while I still have a chance... Actually, that 3.3 million loss isn't bad. The company thought it would be about 4 million.... Oh ya, and for next quarter, the company figures we will loose about 7 million... Followed by a 2nd quarter profit of 45 million.. 3rd quarter profit of 22 million, and a fourth quarter profit of 15 million.. Can you tell me where to send my resume to Usair, or are you still furloughed???? Btw.. Last years profit was 8.1 million with 1.5 billion in revenue.. This years profit was 15.5 million on 1.9 billion in revenue...Double the profit on not much more revenue... HMM Tell me again how this is the beginning of the end.. And please, at least come of with some factual statements, not just some off the cuff remarks that make you look stupid..... BTW.. 8 years of profitability in a row now..

Dont count your chickens before they are hatched!!!!!!!! I expect to win the lottery next year as well......

AirTran has done a great deal in 2006 to upgrade the airline. The airline has spent money this year and it is nice to see the airline still came out ahead $15.5 million for the whole year. Highlights of some of the improvements: ACARS in all airplanes, FLICA, CASS, Central Load Planning for weight and balance, upgrade business class seats to leather (minus the TWA birds, still to come), A updated crewroom with new computers and furniture. A few visible things to the crews. Not to mention the new cities started which cost a great deal. 2007 has already seen Newburgh, Daytona Beach, San Diego, St Louis, and Phoenix. It is a busy time at AirTran. These are things we put in perspective and like to see. NOW ONLY IF WE CAN GET A NEW COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT COMPLETE IN 2007!

Nice synopsis Eagle.

You guys crack me up

LOL

you'll are so easy!
You're not the only one laughing there, slick.

Most of us are laughing also...

However, it's AT you, not with you.

Yep, $15.5 Million profit for the year, we're really close to bankruptcy and liquidation.

Hint: that's sarcasm, genius. :rolleyes:

Guess you won't be applying for that Mensa scholarship this year after all.

AirTran has done a great deal in 2006 to upgrade the airline. The airline has spent money this year and it is nice to see the airline still came out ahead $15.5 million for the whole year. Highlights of some of the improvements: ACARS in all airplanes, FLICA, CASS, Central Load Planning for weight and balance, upgrade business class seats to leather (minus the TWA birds, still to come), A updated crewroom with new computers and furniture. A few visible things to the crews. Not to mention the new cities started which cost a great deal. 2007 has already seen Newburgh, Daytona Beach, San Diego, St Louis, and Phoenix. It is a busy time at AirTran. These are things we put in perspective and like to see. NOW ONLY IF WE CAN GET A NEW COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT COMPLETE IN 2007!

Yeah and you guys need to come see the ATL OPS tower on D con....$800,000+ spent to upgrade the poor excuse for a facility we had....Door next to D9....we're having an open house. We've been giving some new hire pilot classes tours...i know when i talk to some of our pilots they either think we're somewhere inside the D tower below deck away from the windows OR they have no clue where we are...It's just AirTran 24/7/365...not even ramp controllers up there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back