Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plan A,b,c What Will Airtrans Next Move Be?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's just rude.

I can't imagine a worse insult than being told just because I was on one piece of equipment I wasn't worthy to come to work for that airline (or being forced to go to work at one that isn't growing, that I never had any urge to work for, and where upgrade is just shy of a decade on quite possibly THE worst F/O payscale in the industry).

I wonder if there's anything in our fragmentation language at AAI to prevent that sort of piecemeal sale...?

We are pretty much at the same pay rates on the f/o sides

Also, don't think that Midwest need any more 717's, we have enough for what we need them for, we DO need a long range money saving a/c which will replace the 80's.

Last edited:
It's not about the Midwest board keeping Airtran and the Midwest share holders apart. It is not possible the Midwest share holders are unaware of Airtrans desire to aquire thier airline. If Midwest shareholders wanted to sell, the two groups would be talking.

Bubba Dog, when I asked for honest opinions, I didn't expect an emotional out lash of what you want. First of all, AirTran has shown a profit for the last five years and will show one tomorrow for the whole year 2006. AirTran is not going out of business. Minus fuel, AirTran has the lowest cost structure of any airline. This makes us nimble enough to adjust to any economy.

With 60 firm orders of the 737-700 still on the books and between 15 and 20 717s sitting in the desert and a very strong east coast presence, we are a very attractive PARTNER! AirTran will probable be here for a long time, now the future name may be a mystery! I imagine when the tax right off is no longer to Boeings advantage, they will look to offer those 717s to their largest customer.

You have a lot to learn when it comes to airlines. Many airlines have come and gone with the same pedigree as Airtran. No trying to be sarcastic,only realistic. Some folks have a hard time facing up to the facts. Airtran is about to be swallowed by a bunch of really big,lean hungry fish.

Dude whats the problem? just asking you a fuking question... you seem to be all proud of the fact that airtran will be swallowed up by the big fish as you say but which big fish airline you work for is hush hush secret? just curious?

Dude whats the problem? just asking you a fuking question... you seem to be all proud of the fact that airtran will be swallowed up by the big fish as you say but which big fish airline you work for is hush hush secret? just curious?

Give it a rest junior. You young guys chains are so easy to pull.

Seriously duder I doubt Airtran can make it in its current form. The only reason it has done so well this long is because the big boys were licking and healing their wounds since and before 9/11. Well,the big boys are in fighting form and folks like Airtran are directly in their sights. Without the business traveler and reach your days are numbered. It is a basic assumption in the business. Only Southwest has been able to buck the trend so far. Anyway,good luck and plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Thanks we appreciate it.. hope you get called back to usair soon... looks like they're startting to recall and with an 89' hire date it shouldn't be too much longer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back